Kalidou Koulibaly

Looks like it. They are unable to do the Sancho deal already. They won't and can't spend 90 on a defender now. Looks Napoli's loss all around

agreed. whoever we want i hope we sort it asap as the new season only weeks away and would new players still have to do 14 days self isolation if coming from europe?

Honestly, i think that article is a load of shit. Firstly, the source is crap. Secondly, i don't think anybody has quoted £90m for Koulibaly. Pretty much all reports have said that Napoli want around 80m-90m EUROS for him. Maybe even less.

Maybe. Well, the last rumour that came out was - City holding on their valuation of 60 -65 million Euros and ADL asking for 90 Million Euros at least. Make it whatever of this particular version

Any legs on this rumour? Well, it was clear we were not going to pay some 90 Million for a 29-year-old. But this looks like an early exit from this particular transfer.

If we aren't signing him because his price tag is ridiculous then fair enough, I won't argue with that.

But if we end up signing another Otamendi for the sake of saving a few quid then what is the point? It's not as if these alternatives have been labelled as cheap, they're just cheaper.

I've never seen a centre back charge down the opposition goalkeeper before, I'll give him that!

We need someone who brings a calming influence to the defence. Koulibaly looked out of form, erratic and low on confidence last night.

If the club decide he's the best player to partner Laporte then obviously he gets full support and hopefully he'll be a great signing. He's vastly experienced and very highly rated, but at this point there are a few question marks about him and when you're talking about a £65 mill plus player that doesn't inspire confidence. I think people are entitled to be a bit concerned about that.

There will be question marks about whoever we sign & unless we find a bargain young player, they are not going to be cheap. Ake was 41 mil, Maguire, double.

I think the fact we walked away from the Jorginho deal when they got Chelsea round the table will be giving him nightmares.
We genuinely believed he was our player and we said 'no' when he thought he'd create a bidding war with us and the Chavs.
They might choose to keep the player, but I think they'll be desperate to bring some cash in especially as they finished 7th.

I think the fact we walked away from the Jorginho deal when they got Chelsea round the table will be giving him nightmares.
We genuinely believed he was our player and we said 'no' when he thought he'd create a bidding war with us and the Chavs.
They might choose to keep the player, but I think they'll be desperate to bring some cash in especially as they finished 7th.

We dodged a bullet with Jorginho.

If not Koulibaly, what are the top alternatives? We need a world class beast in this position. People talk about Diego Carlos. He’s had what, one season in La Liga? 27 yo, not much younger than Koulibaly.

Ruben Dias has a 100m release clause,we’re not paying that. Skriniar seem reckless.

Sergio Ramos is 34 years old and he’s still one of the best CBs around. I would go for Koulibaly as he would slot right in and there aren’t many better alternatives. He didn’t have a terrible game against Barca, just not his best.

If we aren't signing him because his price tag is ridiculous then fair enough, I won't argue with that.

But if we end up signing another Otamendi for the sake of saving a few quid then what is the point? It's not as if these alternatives have been labelled as cheap, they're just cheaper.

I think if the deal never goes through it will be because of the ridiculous price. KK has been scouted by us for some time now and he remains our top target. One difference that other teams and us is that we have a world-class manager at our helm who can improve any defender. If this ship sinks, I would prefer to get a promising defender at cheap and strengthen other parts of the defence and mid. Maybe a more sturdy left-back or someone like Saul or Partey in the midfield along with Rodri. One of the reasons we are so bad this season was we had an MF as our defender a relatively new DM and our left-back position has always been weak. If two of these positions can be taken care of I think we will become more compact and safe.

The only reason I thought we ain't going for an LB was we were sure Koulibaly transfer will happen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.