Rugby League - Super League 2020

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
It was brutal really. Grace deciding 90m wasn't far enough was amusing, and Walmsley is in awesome form.

I think Gale should have got closer on the cover for the first try but I don’t think Grace had to hit top speed for his hat trick score. Saints were brilliant and it was mismatch. I’m not surprised it was a thrashing because the conditioning of the two teams was chalk and cheese in the last meeting at Headingley. It was a closer game then but in the 2nd half Saints backs were shrugging off tackles from Rhinos forwards.

Seeing Walmsley and Janes in that sort of form makes me think we’ve missed opportunities to give the Aussies a real run for their money in recent years. That said, last year’s Great Britain tour was embarrassing.

Last edited:
Bentley is really starting to show why we got him from Bradford too. Really coming into his own.

Really need to get him to sign a new deal though as he's out of contract at the end of this season.

I think Gale should have got closer on the cover for the first try but I don’t think Grace had to hit top speed for his hat trick score. Saints were brilliant and it was mismatch. I’m not surprised it was a thrashing because the conditioning of the two teams was chalk and cheese in the last meeting at Headingley. It was a closer game then but in the 2nd half Saints backs were shrugging off tackles from Rhinos forwards.

Seeing Walmsley and Janes in that sort of form makes me think we’ve missed opportunities to give the Aussies a real run for their money in recent years. That said, last year’s Great Britain tour was embarrassing.
Walmsley is so good, he’s got such a range to his play: he can drop quickly in the tackle to get a quick ptb, he can bust tackles, he can offload, he can pass... and is solid in defence.

Everyone raved about Thompson, and it’s easier to do so when he’s such a devastating runner with the ball. But Walmsley has got such a rounded game that I actually think they’ve kept hold of the better player.

Bentley is really starting to show why we got him from Bradford too. Really coming into his own.

Really need to get him to sign a new deal though as he's out of contract at the end of this season.
Imagine if Bradford had been able to keep hold of the Burgess boys, Bateman, Whitehead, Bentley etc.

Walmsley is so good, he’s got such a range to his play: he can drop quickly in the tackle to get a quick ptb, he can bust tackles, he can offload, he can pass... and is solid in defence.

Everyone raved about Thompson, and it’s easier to do so when he’s such a devastating runner with the ball. But Walmsley has got such a rounded game that I actually think they’ve kept hold of the better player.

Liked Walmsley for a while. Reminds me a lot of Aaron Woods (Cronulla and Australia).

That St Helens front-row is very, very good.

I agree that the cover for Grace's first was fairly poor. The last was just a winger against tired players. Makinson looks as though the rest has done him a lot of good too.

I also agree - those two look a menace, and with Thompson available too, that's a heck of set of props. And yes, it was just abysmal last year.

I watched the Super League show last night and thought Tui Lolohea was exceptional for Salford. I’ve said on here that the tactical play and kicking game from the backs is the biggest gulf in class with the NRL IMHO, but the performances of Tui and Lachlan Coote have given me encouragement about the Super League. I know they have played in the NRL btw.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.