HS2 - Cancel it now

Just seen a report of a new bridge installed over the M42 close to the NEC centre. It weighs 2750 tonnes, coincidentally the same amount as the ammonium nitrate that went up in Beirut last week. Gives you an idea of just how enormous that explosion must have been.

Just seen a report of a new bridge installed over the M42 close to the NEC centre. It weighs 2750 tonnes, coincidentally the same amount as the ammonium nitrate that went up in Beirut last week. Gives you an idea of just how enormous that explosion must have been.

Tunnel boring machines to burrow through the Chilterns have been bought and unveiled.

Tunnel boring machines to burrow through the Chilterns have been bought and unveiled.

Wow, they are beasts, like from a sci-fi magazine. I'm no fan of HS2, but how is the countryside getting decimated if a 10 mile tunnel is built, 80m underground?

Wow, they are beasts, like from a sci-fi magazine. I'm no fan of HS2, but how is the countryside getting decimated if a 10 mile tunnel is built, 80m underground?
Isn't that what the baddy(sp?) from the Turtles cartoons used to drive with Bee-Bop & Rocksteady?

'Shhhhrrrrrredderrrrrr - wwwwwhhhhhhheeeeerrrreeeee aaaaarrreeee ttttttthhhhhhhheeee tttttttuuuuurrrrttttlllllllessss?'

Keep the same route but make it a toll road only for self driving cars/lorries.

Higher (unlimited?) speed limits due to removal of human error. Therefore reduced travel times. Design the road for optimal AI performance.

Obviously when they come off driver would need to take over. But shows the country would be planning for the future and begins to integrate self driving technology.

Im personally unlikely to benefit but then again I wont from HS2 anyway !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.