Kalidou Koulibaly

Just a thought out of left field but could we not offer Garcia plus cash for Koulibaly considering he's still under contract with us.

Napoli get a defender short term & we get to piss off Barca!
Nice thought but I don’t think Garcia wants to go to Napoli so he doesn’t have to

Because he struggled against Messi? Ask Ramos about that.

Nothing to be worried about. Koulibaly is world class and would be amazing next to Laporte. I’d rather take a few years of world class defending with Koulibaly than taking a chance with 2-years younger Carlos. He has played ONE season in La Liga and for some reason, people are willing to pay 75m for him. Koulibaly played against the best for years. He’s a top defender, one of the best.

I wasn't convinced when I watched him at the Etihad, or in the reverse fixture in Napoli. He also had a shocker against Arsenal (Lacazette and Aubameyang destroyed him).

My worry is whether at 29 he is already past his peak and would be on the decline joining us. He definitely doesn't look the most mobile defender in the world and can see him being a Mangala MKII - which is a horrific thought!

Even £60-65m is stretching it a bit but I will be ok with that fee. Anything other that and we are having our pants pulled down (unless it is performance based)

Last edited:
Just a thought out of left field but could we not offer Garcia plus cash for Koulibaly considering he's still under contract with us.

Napoli get a defender short term & we get to piss off Barca!
Pretty sure Garcia wouldn't be so willing to move to Napoli, you can't force someone to go somewhere you want them to, bit of a human rights issues that one pal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.