Fantasy Football winner disqualified for abusing Sterling

FPL 1ST PLACE PRIZES
  • 7-night break in the UK including VIP hospitality at two 2020/21 Premier League matches
  • A week’s worth of experiences at popular tourist attractions courtesy of Visit Britain
  • Includes travel and 7 nights’ accommodation
  • TAG Heuer connected watch
  • Copy of FIFA 20 and a games console
  • Nike manager jacket
  • FPL goody bag consisting of a rucksack, t-shirt, mug, water bottle, stress ball, pen, pad and key ring
NB: Prizes were announced before the coronavirus outbreak

Ah, thanks bud, I always thought the winners got a decent payout, like £100k/£250k .

Fancy getting disqualified on the strength of a few words being taken out of context. I see another case for the CAS, Perhaps he will pay lawyers out of the Premier League goody bag on a no win no fee basis.

Fancy getting disqualified on the strength of a few words being taken out of context. I see another case for the CAS, Perhaps he will pay lawyers out of the Premier League goody bag on a no win no fee basis.

Please enlighten us as to what context would make what he said appropriate?

Not really possible given we don't know what was said.

Yeah he has. And this is after he tweeted out saying "I'm not racist..."

'The specific wording in question are some offensive words about an EPL player in combination with the word "neger4e". Of course the problem here is the last word used even though I am more ashamed and sorry for the rest.

'I admitted this is a mean comment worthy of disqualification. However, it is hard to explain to English speaking people why I never meant it to be a racist comment. The word "negyr" in Bulgarian does not have nearly the same connotation as the N word in English.

'I have never used the N word to anyone English-speaking or of black color [sic] in Bulgaria."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.