New Mac Pro

Apple aim themselves at people who can afford to buy their products and stay with them in the future. They strategically avoid the busy and therefore low-margin markets.

My daughter got a £900 laptop (the cheapest they do) and it's a quality product, to go to £500 they'd cheapen the image of the brand. They're expensive but almost every Apple gadget is a pleasure to use and therefore gets the users to stay and upgrade.

Yeah understand that I got a MacBook Pro in 2011 and haven’t had a single problem with it specked it out 4 years ago and with an ssd drive! Still fast as fcuk. Just saying if they had a budget laptop they would clean up the laptop market.

Yeah understand that I got a MacBook Pro in 2011 and haven’t had a single problem with it specked it out 4 years ago and with an ssd drive! Still fast as fcuk. Just saying if they had a budget laptop they would clean up the laptop market.
They wouldn't though, they'd have to use cheaper components and that would see more repairs and risk damaging the brand for little profit. I don't think they need to do it.

They wouldn't though, they'd have to use cheaper components and that would see more repairs and risk damaging the brand for little profit. I don't think they need to do it.

Like I said my laptop is 8 years old so use components from 4 years ago will be cheaper and better components than my laptop! Its like I have an iPhone 6 it’s 4/5 years old it does it job fine! The average person doesn’t need a specked out computer/laptop for what they use one for.

Like I said my laptop is 8 years old so use components from 4 years ago will be cheaper and better components than my laptop! Its like I have an iPhone 6 it’s 4/5 years old it does it job fine! The average person doesn’t need a specked out computer/laptop for what they use one for.
Those components won't be made anymore so they would need to either make loads of the current spec now and wait until they've aged or start up new production processes to make the lower spec components. It won't make sense either way for the profit they would make, if any. Some of the upgraders (those who realise they didn't need all that processing power and functionality) would just buy the lower spec machines and take profit away from the later models thus affecting the market they trade in. They have a refurbished product range for those who can live with lower specifications. If any company has got their market bang on the money, it's Apple. I think creating a lower spec model drags them into the market they've avoided all the time, for less profit.

I got sick of all the issues I've had w/ PCs through the years so caved and bought a Macbook Pro. I know a couple people who have had Mac laptops for over 8 years and I'm hoping I get similar usage.

Not a fan of Apple and their proprietary ways, aspirational in the keenest sense of the word.

I got sick of all the issues I've had w/ PCs through the years so caved and bought a Macbook Pro. I know a couple people who have had Mac laptops for over 8 years and I'm hoping I get similar usage.

Ive had a MacBook pro since 2011 and they are the bees knees ... Im on my second one now, wouldn't change for anything else.

Currently on 7 years for my MacBook Pro. There's simply no way I'm ever going back to Windows after the pleasure of using Mac. The idea would be simply laughable. It would be like living in a luxury mansion and then moving out to a damp bedsit.

I'm looking to replace it with a newer model soon. There's just one problem: paying for it.

Any tips on getting the best price on a MacBook Pro?

Currently on 7 years for my MacBook Pro. There's simply no way I'm ever going back to Windows after the pleasure of using Mac. The idea would be simply laughable. It would be like living in a luxury mansion and then moving out to a damp bedsit.

I'm looking to replace it with a newer model soon. There's just one problem: paying for it.

Any tips on getting the best price on a MacBook Pro?
You are pretty limited on options for brand new ones mate, Apple control pricing pretty hard. If you don't need brand new out of the box then you can sometimes pick up good deals on the Apple refurb site, they are in perfect condition and you get warranty also.

It's really not.

I had a Macbook, and at end of life I simply couldn't justify paying the same again when the time came for what was basically a streaming/bluemooning/photo storing machine.

I saved over £500 by getting a pretty decent lenovo windows laptop. I work in IT so I also know that windows 10 is actually pretty much a dream. It's a far cry from the clunkier windows 95 etc.

Unless you're a pro photographer, video maker etc, there's simply no reason for a normal person to have an apple computer, other than vanity.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.