Paulo Dybala

I absolutely love what I've seen of Dybala. Looks like he has a great touch, lovely finisher, comfortable dropping deep or wide and running with the ball.

You've obviously seen more of him than me, how would you describe him as a player?
What you said is right, he obviously enjoys working with the ball more than he does without and he's a natural second striker (goal-oriented #10). His left foot precision is to die for; he has the kind of natural accuracy in that foot that can be seen in a few other players like for example Messi, but he's obviously not on Messi's level.

He's not always perfect, especially if he's shooting with a sprint-given momentum, but he mostly makes good decisions. He can drop deep in order to get the ball to his feet but his starting position in the formation needs to be up front or just behind the striker; Allegri tried to put him in midfield and it didn't work out at all. He also has no problem going wide during the match, although he obviously tends to gravitate back towards the center when trying to shoot/dribble. He likes associating with his teammates in order to keep the ball circulating quickly up front, and his good touch of the ball and balance help him with that.

He gives it his all during matches, doesn't lazy around and always tries to get the ball to his feet. You can't expect him to do a lot in defense of course, but he cares about every aspect of the team's game.

What you said is right, he obviously enjoys working with the ball more than he does without and he's a natural second striker (goal-oriented #10). His left foot precision is to die for; he has the kind of natural accuracy in that foot that can be seen in a few other players like for example Messi, but he's obviously not on Messi's level.

He's not always perfect, especially if he's shooting with a sprint-given momentum, but he mostly makes good decisions. He can drop deep in order to get the ball to his feet but his starting position in the formation needs to be up front or just behind the striker; Allegri tried to put him in midfield and it didn't work out at all. He also has no problem going wide during the match, although he obviously tends to gravitate back towards the center when trying to shoot/dribble. He likes associating with his teammates in order to keep the ball circulating quickly up front, and his good touch of the ball and balance help him with that.

He gives it his all during matches, doesn't lazy around and always tries to get the ball to his feet. You can't expect him to do a lot in defense of course, but he cares about every aspect of the team's game.
Thanks for that great write up on him, mate.

Do you think he'd be capable of playing on the right of a front 3? Similar to where Messi plays, and Mahrez / Sterling play for City?

Thanks for that great write up on him, mate.

Do you think he'd be capable of playing on the right of a front 3? Similar to where Messi plays, and Mahrez / Sterling play for City?
Oh for sure, I mean he's not one to constantly sprint up and down the wing like Sterling might be able to do, he doesn't have a proper winger instinct although he can obviously turn on the engine and sprint away if needed at a certain moment. But he can certainly start on the right (he's often been put in that position) and associate with the other forwards, moving more to the centre and back to the right all throughout the match.

Oh and he's of course quite good at protecting the ball with his body, hence getting fouled a lot.

Last edited:
Oh for sure, I mean he's not one to constantly sprint up and down the wing like Sterling might be able to do, he doesn't have a proper winger instinct although he can obviously turn on the engine and sprint away if needed at a certain moment. But he can certainly start on the right (he's often been put in that position) and associate with the other forwards, moving more to the centre and back to the right all throughout the match.

Oh and he's of course quite good at protecting the ball with his body, hence getting fouled a lot.

is the chance the Juve want to sell him mate?

I can remember us once signing an small Argentine second striker who people debated whether he would be effective or not.

He's now won 4 league titles with us.

Not seen enough of Dybala to draw comparisons, if I'm honest, but just goes to show....

i imagine that the wage bill at juve is ridiculous at the minute?

Their wage bill after tax

Ronaldo - €31 - This is £965,000/ week in our terms
de Ligt - €8m
Higuain - €7.5m
Pjanic - €7.5m
Dybala - €7.3m - This is about £200k/week in our terms.
Ramsey - €7m
Rabiot - €7m
Bonucci - €6.5m
Sczezsny - €6.5m
Khedira - €6m
Costa - €5m - This is about £140k/week
Sandro - €5m
Cuaradro - €5m
Danilo - €5m

Ronaldo has really backfired on them. Imagine if we paid KDB more than Aguero, Sterling, Laporte & Silva combined? That's what they're doing.

And in return they do not get the old Ronaldo, 50 goals a season and pulling them through the CL.

They funny thing is that they thought he was the one who'd push them over the edge, but in the end they've screwed their own finances so much by signing him that they've weakened the team to the point where he can't do what they want.

It's been bad for everyone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.