Seasoncard Amnesty

Haven’t had time to read the full thread so sorry if this has been posted elsewhere but what happens to my complimentary carer ticket that has my name on it and not the person who comes with me as this changes on an ad hoc basis

Haven’t had time to read the full thread so sorry if this has been posted elsewhere but what happens to my complimentary carer ticket that has my name on it and not the person who comes with me as this changes on an ad hoc basis
We don't know what the exact process would be as yet but we discussed potential scenarios and my best guess at the moment is that IF there's a ballot and you were successful, if the club knew you always had a carer then you'd have to get a second ticket but I'd guess you'd have to give the name of the individual prior to attending. Worst case would be the carer having to give details at the ground. Another one to check tonight.

Your age has got nothing whatsoever to do with the club. If you are up for attending matches that means you have evaluated the potential risk, you are happy with it and so you should have the same chance to go as anyone else who has opted in.
The idea was floated early on before lockdown that they might stop over 70s attending.

Because it's a lot more people I'd guess. You might get 50-100 people turning up to a pub over a period of time so it's not the most difficult task to get them to leave a number but you wouldn't want 13,000 people turning up at the gate at quarter to three who we have to collect contact details from. I think we can agree that tickets will be scarce and people should use them if they're lucky enough to get them. I don't particularly have a problem with people passing them on, as that's better than the ticket not being used. But people will have to accept they'll have to provide their contact details in advance of arriving at the ground.

The price of getting people in stadiums is that the government, PL and SGSA will insist that clubs know exactly who's in the stadium and how to contact them if required. If they can't then it's quite possible it'll mean no fans at all are admitted.

Surely City have a record of which season cards have accessed the stadium?

I would have thought it easier for them to insist that you register a contact number against your season card if you wanted to be considered for entry. If no phone number registered then you are not eligible for the ballot or whatever mechanism decides who can go a game.

Not having a go but I don't see how photo id helps the situation at all from a track and trace perspective.

Fair play to you for trying to respond to everyone with their myriad of questions and opinions though. You must have far more patience than me :-)

We don't know what the exact process would be as yet but we discussed potential scenarios and my best guess at the moment is that IF there's a ballot and you were successful, if the club knew you always had a carer then you'd have to get a second ticket but I'd guess you'd have to give the name of the individual prior to attending. Worst case would be the carer having to give details at the ground. Another one to check tonight.
Please let's not go down the ballot path, many people like myself attend with families, friends etc,
If all 3 weren't lucky in a ballot none would come and this then opens up another can of worms what to do with unwanted tickets.
As a one off only next season fastest on the finger £30 sit where City put you

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.