Kalidou Koulibaly

As good a player Koulibaly is if the reports are to be believed Napoli appear to be just doing a Jorginho on us all over again. They don't really want to sell him unless it's for silly money and even when they have a decent bid on the table they just publicize it to force the price up and try and get someone else to buy him. I really can't see £58.7m at all and I have to agree with tolmie on this I think its going nowhere.

What's your point? Other than Garcia, which is a factor we have no control over, the others are surplus to requirements. We need Koulibaly (or a player of that type), the last time we didn't pay what was required for the guy we really needed was VVD. Look how that turned out.
That’s a terrible take. Read his post again.

Exactly this, and it’s been my fear ever since Koulibaly started getting linked to England a year ago.
Robertson - Van Dijk - Koulibaly - Trent would be too hard to penetrate for most top teams in Europe. I’m just glad Liverpool haven’t realized this and instead is sticking to Gomez who is nowhere near a world class CB. With Koulibaly, they would have easily had the best backfour for many years, even if we managed to sign Skriniar to partner Laporte.

Hopefully Koulibaly is coming here. He has many years left in him, and I could see us play with a back three for many games due to the quality we’d have:

Aké - Laporte - Koulibaly.
You don't have to be world class to be a CB.

Reading of the game, strength, power, intelligence.

CB are at their best when with a partner that compliments them, ie Kompany/Lescott , Lescott very average but a great partnership. I would also add a RAG CB pairing, Brue and Pallister, both not the greatest individually but a great combination.

Who is buying Angelino for £30m? And when do you think we’ll get £20m from Barcelona?
Admire your optimism but reckon we’ll be taking substantial hits on all three. ;-)

£15m for Garcia I reckon, £10-£15m for Otamendi and Angelino about £7m can't see any more than that tbh. Definitely wouldn't pay for Koulibaly.

The Napoli president trying to pull our pants down. 70 mill for a 29 (nearly 30 apparently) is a major piss take and we should be giving it a swerve. Make De Laurentis eat his own shit. Imho of course.

He turned 29 barely 2 months ago.

that would be some climb down from the original 90m that was mentioned Napoli supposedly wanted and even fromt he 65m that was quoted very recently.

Intersting that there are a lot of tweets about this but our trusted resident ITK tolmie has said yesterday that this was going nowhere - I would therefore take anything posted like this with a huge pinch of salt as I think I trust TH more than I do some of these twitter accounts.
£58.7m is just €65m. Wasn't that the quote the other day?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.