Kalidou Koulibaly

Don't understand why the valuation is causing too much of a debate between fans. If Koulibaly wins us the league, improves our defence and helps us to challenge in Europe against the world's best he's going to be worth every penny. A defence is where clubs win titles, and that's exactly why Liverpool battered the league this season. The brilliance of Van Dijk and the absence of Laporte is exactly why we finished 18 points behind them.
Obsessed with them much,he has three defensive mids protecting him at all times and hoofs it long to runners nearly every time

I think Koulibaly has been hyped by the media. It's always a risk signing someone from the Italian league because it is slow paced and very poor quality apart from Juve. Not many players have transferred from Italy to the PL and done well. (There are some exceptions.) Meanwhile Chris Smalling has been a star in Italy.
Soyuncu plays for an unfancied club and gets little media coverage. I have always thought he was excellent against us and know from meeting match-going Leicester fans they rate him as their best player.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion but I prefer the views of matchgoers rather than media pundits, most of whom don't have a clue about football. I am not saying Koulibaly is bad but he is past his peak and not worth £70m. Five years ago I would have gone for him.

He’s certainly highly thought of by Leicester fans and he looks like he can shift. I’d dispute the assertion that he played well against us though. From what I recall City ran him (and Chilwell) absolutely ragged!

For the price quoted he will do just fine but it is strange that these rumours are popping in at the exact time when we decided to move away from the deal. As mentioned by TH a few days ago and an imminent increase of interest in Carlos. And when we were actually at the table most news was pointing that ADL won't take less than 90.
Did something change ? Is ADL panicking now or this price is just some bad rumour ?

dont know why but find it extremely funny that apart from De Ligt Maguire and Koulibaly our highly paid scouts cannot come up with anyone else es potential good CB for us.

And funny thing is anyone from this forum cold come up with these names even tho not being top scouts.

And of course they even only come up with these players when they already has a cost of 70-80--90-100m pounds and not when they would be available for much less 1-2-3 years before.

Koulibaly for example signed for Napoli in 2014 summer for 6.5m pounds.

We signed Mangala 2014 summer for 42m pounds.
Not if you believe you may have their replacements already in the club. If ,for example we think in 2 or 3 seasons Harwood Bellis will be ready to become a first team regular then it’s better to have a 32 / 33 year old Koulibaly ahead of him than somebody in their mid 20s.
When Koulibaly joined Napoli he was nowhere near the player he has become which may have been fine for Napoli, but may not be fine for a team expected to win the league next year and reach the champions league last four minimum. When we sigh ed Mangala we had Kompany, now we don’t have anyone we can rely on so need an experienced option.

Obsessed with them much,he has three defensive mids protecting him at all times and hoofs it long to runners nearly every time

Why aren’t people allowed to give credit where credit’s due, three defensive mids or not, Liverpool had a great defence for the past years and that’s a fact. Feels like you get wind up everytime someone praises another team or a class player that doesn’t play for City.

Hahaha!

If true, we’re really fucking with de Laurentiis on this one - making that motherfucker sweat over the banker he thought he was on for his star player this summer, and fucking up his plans to improve his squad off the back of it.

Definitely exacting a touch of revenge for all the shit he pulled with Cavani and Jorginho!

Why aren’t people allowed to give credit where credit’s due, three defensive mids or not, Liverpool had a great defence for the past years and that’s a fact. Feels like you get wind up everytime someone praises another team or a class player that doesn’t play for City.
Everyone is allowed to give credit when it's due, however when suspicious patterns begin to emerge of a posters allegiance, without them being more forthright with the truth, they're opening themselves up to criticism.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.