Newcastle United takeover?

How many Ralph Coates do you think have played professional football?

;-)
In the 150 or thereabouts years of professional football, he was the first one who sprang to mind as I actually saw him play, primarily because of his name, and also his more than passing resemblance to the late Charlie Drake, hence my "THAT" comment.
There is a former Livarpool player with the same surname, and may (for all I care) have the same forename, but I'm struggling to think of any others.
Now, if you'd said John Smith.....
;-)

In the 150 or thereabouts years of professional football, he was the first one who sprang to mind as I actually saw him play, primarily because of his name, and also his more than passing resemblance to the late Charlie Drake, hence my "THAT" comment.
There is a former Livarpool player with the same surname, and may (for all I care) have the same forename, but I'm struggling to think of any others.
Now, if you'd said John Smith.....
;-)
Sebastian. He’s Uruguayan, and apparently, his surname is pronounced Coh-ah-tes.

The Guardian done what I thought was a very insightful Podcast on the Newcastle take over and the involvement of the middle East in football in general. None of the guests would be described as friends of Manchester City but I thought the analysis was very fair and enlightening. Maybe I have been taken for a complete fool by it all and it's complete bullshit but I found it interesting.

They made the point that Qatar get better coverage from the media because they are open to engagement with the media and human rights organisations where as the other countries don't even let journalists or amnesty types in. The UAE came out of it the best of the three, by far the most progressive, organised and well run. Saudi Arabia was roasted from start to finish.

Be interested to hear the opinion of City fans that listened to it.

The Guardian done what I thought was a very insightful Podcast on the Newcastle take over and the involvement of the middle East in football in general. None of the guests would be described as friends of Manchester City but I thought the analysis was very fair and enlightening. Maybe I have been taken for a complete fool by it all and it's complete bullshit but I found it interesting.

They made the point that Qatar get better coverage from the media because they are open to engagement with the media and human rights organisations where as the other countries don't even let journalists or amnesty types in. The UAE came out of it the best of the three, by far the most progressive, organised and well run. Saudi Arabia was roasted from start to finish.

Be interested to hear the opinion of City fans that listened to it.

Guardian, insightful; Buddy Holly wrote a tune about that.

Dont get what was this whole circus when Sheffield United as far as I know has owner from Saudia Arabia.

they were generally praised by media as a fresh, new power as prmoted team, playing well, Wilder punching above his height etc.

Wish they would put in a crazy transfer window trying to go for top4/top6 place , the media quickly would turn it into a Saudi sportwashing story with hollow success for them to stay up and finish top 10.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.