Lyon CL QF Post-Match Thread

People are understandably angry tonight. However in the morning we might remember the Centurions and the Fourmidables and calm down a bit and get some perspective. Players being daft at both ends of the pitch is not his fault and even if it were he was a genius out thinking RM apparently. You don't go from a genius to rubbish in one match.

Nobody is perfect and I wouldn't swap him for anyone.

Disagree I think Pep got inside the players heads making them believe Lyon were this great team and we have to be defensive. Yes the players made mistakes but I think Pep planted that fear factor into our players. Seems very odd.

with CL. We win it we don’t win it in the next 5-10 years I’ll be ambivalent. I want us to win the league year in year out and the other cups. Just 30 years ago we won nowt. The past 10 years have been good and sublime and surreal. Stay competitive in CL but dominating the league is what I’d rather have. The games against Liverpool and Spurs in CL has shown that the better teams are not guaranteed wins.

Correct, Millwall.......and we play Ferny.....who turns slower than the Queen Mary.....FFS.....and Kyle Walker who is a well known Bottler...who reverts to hoofing it......absolute fucking joke.
I think Pep will stay though....and this is his "get your hands in your pocket" sign to the owners.....we need good, speedy defenders........like Denayer, why the fuck we let him go is beyond me......Imagine him being tought by Vinnie, whilst he was still with us. Remember him, when he was 19 at City...he was a raw beast then.

Denayer was comical at Sunderland. it was the correct decision to let him go

I think if the Sterling chance goes in, we go on to win and everyone says "Pep masterclass".

That's how thin the line is in this competition.

A lot of posters are posting out of emotion and frustration.

We had the chances to win the game, but didn't take them.

I just cant see how that can be the manager's fault.
Last one, promise. Even if we win I don’t think anyone would be saying pep masterclass.
we gave an ordinary Lyon side way too much respect and their confidence grew because of it. same team as Madrid and I think we win pretty comfortably.

At least Denayer will play a CL semi final. He would never had that opportunity with City.

It's Laporte who costed us both QF. His passing was absolutely atrocious today. He looked really shaky in numerous 1v1, and it's not surprising that it's him who gifted them the goal. Garcia is the most level-headed in that back 4 despite his tender years, no wonder why we want to get hold of him. At this level it plays on the head more than the feet, and Laporte failed us big big time, just like Pep.
Two new center back needed walker and cancelo ok.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.