Lyon CL QF Post-Match Thread

We started a knockout Champions League game with Mahrez,Bernado,Foden on the bench.

I am still in disbelief.

Going for the Slug and Tortoise partnership which has served us so well..........................

Let’s not go down the VAR excuse route again, at 1-1 Walker seemed to push over what’s his name in the box but got away with it, the referee did ok. Pep picked the wrong team for the wrong reasons. It’s done we’re out and that’s that.
The Walker one would have been very soft but I agree if they wanted to shaft us that would have been given.

Did anyone else think it was weird that KDB was shooting every free-kick from ridiculous angles, straight at the keeper rather than crossing the ball in? Ok once to catch the keeper out but every time? Just seemed strange.
With corners too. He was very accurate though wasn't he? He hammered it hard on target every time so maybe that's why he kept trying. The keeper saved them fairly comfortably though. It makes you realise how good elite players are. A lower league keeper could probably concede every time? A lower league mid fielder would not hit the target with all those crosses.

our problem is we played poorly, our system was bad. We could have used b. silva in the mid today, our mistake was the starting line up, but it was to easy for them. One or two passes and they were through. The better team one simple as that.

Peps interview was bullshit, he said he felt we played well first half, hopefully that’s just a sound bite for the media because it’s deeply worrying if he thought his plan was solid tonight. Kdb’s interview will tell you a completely different story

But it’s Peps fault we spent 55 minutes playing in a formation the players aren’t used to and were very visibly struggling with. He handicapped us severely tonight, got it badly badly wrong, took far too long to change it back and didn’t change it enough when he did and then asked his players to dig him out of the hole he’s dug himself. It’s entirely on Pep

Those glaring chances go in, we win and I guarantee we're all sat here smugly saying "Pep masterclass".

We had enough chances to win the game. The players didn't take them. That cannot be the manager's fault.

Lyon did us again.

Fair play.
I posted when we went through against Madrid that Lyon have the perfect set-up to take us to the cleaners and they did just that tonight. Disgusting VAR decision but you know that's coming, what is it now 4-5 years on the trot.

Reactions: mat

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.