Lyon CL QF Post-Match Thread

Maybe on paper but that was a poor performance. We are a good side and we can create chances for fun ordinarily but, not tonight we were poor lumping it forward - just wasn’t a Man City performance. So annoying and so frustrated. Feel badly let down with Pep but calling for his head is stupid. We need to regroup and move on.

oh we were far from great. Pep set up the team wrong, picked the wrong players and there were some shocking individual mistakes (plus a bad VAR call). But yet again we make loads of chances compared to the opposItion and dont take enough! Its becoming a big issue

I've just sat back and spent the last 5 minutes trying to think of a proper argument to your points, I can't. That may well be down to my stupidity, but perhaps, in this case, more likely it is at least partially down to the likelihood that you are 100% correct, sadly.
Dukys fucking right unfortunately

If we’d have started with the team that was on the pitch when we equalised, the match would have been already won and the gift wrapped opportunity we gave UEFA to get their revenge would have been of no consequence

How can a coach who is so brilliant and experienced and gets paid god knows how much to win these games get it so wrong?

Is there nobody in his back room staff or even any of the players that could have pointed out he was sending us stumbling blindly into a catastrophe. I reckon 90% of us lot, even after a skinful of beer pre match, saw this coming when we saw the team

I would of understood that line up against Bayern , keep it tight then use subs when the game opens up

but to play that team took all the momentum we had gained from beating Madrid

hes too loyal to some players who are so obviously past it , Fernandinho and Dave should have been nowhere near our first 11 this season. Bernardo is a weird one as well , what Has happened to him, first name on the teamsheet to hardly getting a look in

Garcia as well, if he’s leaving then why play him, he’s average at this point in his career, we should snap Barca’s hand off for £15m

the weird thing with Pep is he never does this in the league, there were games this season, especially against United where he could have been wary of the counter attack but he picks a standard 433 and we get picked off

there is no way he’s not in the dugout next season though, he’s in a similar position as Wenger was, he is the club and it’s set up to be all about him and what he wants, six trophies says it’s worked so far

however, after next season I hope Sheikh Mansour looks at a root and branch reform of the club and take it in a new direction with a new CEO and director of football. The Barca model will have come to its natural conclusion by then with Pep gone

The only bright side I can find from that shit show is that winning it this season wouldn’t have felt like a real win wihout seeing any of the games live and the lifting the trophy

The team selection is 100% on Pep. He should know possesion means jack sh!t.
He need to have a serious look at his tactics. These figures mean shit.

The figures clearly show that his tactics provided the platform to control the game and create shots on goal and goalscoring chances.

What the figures dont show is that we contrived to miss several good chances to score, got boned by VAR on their second and Ederson turned into Rita Fairclough for their third.

The platform was there, the players didn't convert that into a win.

I agree.

No room for sentiment in football.Pep is a car crash in Europe.He has made us a laughing stock.

All starting to feel a bit Stale,4 seasons of whimpering out of the Champions League with stupid tactics,and team selections based on who licks his arse the most.

Thanks for the memories Pep.Two great seasons ,back to back titles.

Now we want Champions League glory.

And unfortunately you look a million miles away from that.

I have a feeling the pull of Barcelona might give Pep visions of grandeur.Their Knight in shining armor walking out on us in his last season to steady the Ship.It will all go tits up,but it might not stop him.

Ironically that Bayern trouncing of Barcelona might lead to managerial change at City also.

Pep back at Barcelona.

Pochetinho at City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.