Lyon CL QF Post-Match Thread

Having calmed down a bit, I'm looking back 8 days to that game against Real Madrid, one of the best games I've seen us play. We hounded them all over the field and could easily beat any of their presses.

Yet tonight was the complete opposite. Our pressing when not in possession was almost non-existent and we seemed consistently incapable of playing out of Lyon's press. It's completely baffling.
Phil’s energy had a lot to do with the pressing against Real. It was a big miss tonight.

I agree with you mate on showing them too much respect but some numpties calling for peps head. A lot of trolls out here tonight
So you’ve said about 10 times, we get it....you’re the biggest blue on here. Good for you. Now, get yourself a nice hot chocolate and slip those comfy slippers on and leave the post match discussion to those who actually want to discuss that shit-show of a performance.

Blah blah blah if we scored a goal like that and VAR disallowed it you would still be calling out VAR for not doing their job. Every decision against us is a mistake in your book.

We were shit at every level and paid the price for it
It was shown and discussed and decided it was a foul,blame fucking bt not me,it was a foul !

Sorry but due to our totally inept set up, we only finally started playing football at 55 mins.. no team is good enough to give sides a goal lead and condense the game to 30 mins and expect to win. Yes we had loads of chances inside the last 30 mins but our margin for error was non existent at that point.

it all comes down to the preparation.. and set up. I can’t believe people don’t understand this.
Every blue knows Pep f'cked it up and you don't get away with a mistake like that at this level.

What are you on about? Did you not see them consoling Jesus and

in that they consoled our players. Nice touch.
Seemed to be a sarcastic post, but fair enough if it wasn’t.

You do seem to be on the warpath otherwise, though, which is interesting for a new member.

Having calmed down a bit, I'm looking back 8 days to that game against Real Madrid, one of the best games I've seen us play. We hounded them all over the field and could easily beat any of their presses.

Yet tonight was the complete opposite. Our pressing when not in possession was almost non-existent and we seemed consistently incapable of playing out of Lyon's press. It's completely baffling.

Perhaps team selection may have had more than a little to do with it.

Pep got it wrong.

By the time he changed it we had 30 min left, and were 1-0 down. More importantly he'd given the opposition belief, whilst at the same time knocking the confidence of our own team. Yet we still had some good chances, Jesus volley and Sterling sitter, to keep in the game.

That's what this side is all season though Colin.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.