Should it have stood?

Beanhead

Not making excuses as we deserved to be dumped out due to our inept and cowardly set up but that’s another story.

Their second goal though? Regardless of whether it brushes his foot or not I just can’t get my head around how he’s not deemed as offside. He interacts with the ball by skipping over it, it’s a dummy so he’s manipulating the ball which is interfering with play from an offside position.

I can’t think of any examples but I’m sure I’ve seen plenty of similar incidents given as offside hence my confusion.

please can someone explain to me the rules as I thought I understood them?

Not making excuses as we deserved to be dumped out due to our inept and cowardly set up but that’s another story.

Their second goal though? Regardless of whether it brushes his foot or not I just can’t get my head around how he’s not deemed as offside. He interacts with the ball by skipping over it, it’s a dummy so he’s manipulating the ball which is interfering with play from an offside position.

I can’t think of any examples but I’m sure I’ve seen plenty of similar incidents given as offside hence my confusion.

please can someone explain to me the rules as I thought I understood them?
Thread title is nearly as confusing as the offside law..

Surely offside as the pass was to a player who was offside so he was interfering with play.
if those aren’t the rules then the rules are nonsensical.
If it was one of those where we were the attacking team and it was given offside I wouldn’t have had any issues with it

Surely offside as the pass was to a player who was offside so he was interfering with play.
if those aren’t the rules then the rules are nonsensical.
If it was one of those where we were the attacking team and it was given offside I wouldn’t have had any issues with it

That is exactly how I feel about it.. you just explained it better ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.