The Smiths & Morrissey thread

Quality not quantity too. Squire is an awesome guitarist and also worked on Danger Mouse.

Marr is a better song writer than Squire though. He has written far more quality records.

The Stone Roses debut album is better than anything The Smiths did. The Queen Is Dead is also one of my favourite records.

Marr is little more than a session guitarist post-The Smiths. Electronic were terrible in comparison to New Order.

The Stone Roses debut album is better than anything The Smiths did. The Queen Is Dead is also one of my favourite records.

Marr is little more than a session guitarist post-The Smiths. Electronic were terrible in comparison to New Order.

The Stone Roses were terrible in comparison to New Order.

The Roses debut is better than most albums, but The Smiths had far more great songs and albums compared to the Roses. Electronic had far more quality tunes in comparison yo the 2 that the Seahorses had and Marr's solo stuff is far better than the effort Squire made. Then there are all the other tunes Marr did with other people.
Squire may be able to pluck 6 strings better than Marr but there is no comparison between them when it comes to song writing. No one is screaming for a new John Squire album or a Roses one after the poor efforts they chucked out the other year. Where as Marr does pretty well on his own, there would be an audience for new Electronic stuff and a Smiths reunification would blitz the Roses one.

I Am The Resurrection, She Bangs The Drums, Fools Gold, This Is The One etc. These are better songs than what Johnny Marr wrote.

A reunion of The Smiths, which thankfully will never happen, wouldn't blitz The Stone Roses at all. Provide examples of what they were do to completely eclipse all those sold out shows? Morrissey has become an awful human being too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.