Someone please save Bernardo

The point is they are a side we should be beating and beating comfortably 99 times out of 100.

Bayern beat them easily and never had to get out of 2nd gear.
Ifs buts and maybes, but before bayern (small b) scored Lyon hit the post and Depay missed a sitter. It COULD have been different.

He never came back from his summer holidays.

Nothing to do with that tweet and he was an idiot for posting sh1t like that on twitter.

Imagine if that had been done post George Floyd, the consequences would have been far greater!

I would be more than happy if the club barred all our players from social media, it only leads to problems.

He’d hardly had a months break for 3 high intensity seasons.

He was physically & mentally exhausted at the start of the season and then seemed emotionally affected by being fucked over by the var decisions in the Spurs x2 and LittlewoodsNeverPool games.

The racism charge put the cap on it for him.

He’ll be back after a bloody good refresh.

He’d hardly had a months break for 3 high intensity seasons.

He was physically & mentally exhausted at the start of the season and then seemed emotionally affected by being fucked over by the var decisions in the Spurs x2 and LittlewoodsNeverPool games.

The racism charge put the cap on it for him.

He’ll be back after a bloody good refresh.
I agree about exhaustion but he had a long break during the covid, he seemed just the same when he came back and his manager seemed to feel the same, that is a worry.

Also he is now on holiday, probably only for another week, then back, hardly time to come back refreshed, even more so losing like we did last week.

And finally if he was affected so much by the tweet and the fall out that is worrying and he has clearly not learned from it, as we have seen with the scouser put downs this week, again a worry.

99 times out a 100? We haven’t beaten them once in the 3 games we’ve played them....
Says everything, we have given them far too much respect.

In the 3 games played we have not played to our strengths, we all know our weaknesses, they were obvious from early season. Our defending is shambolic, our attacking play is among the very best in europe.

Last Saturday our manager set the team up not to concede and sacrificed our greatest strength in doing so.

To me that's weird, especially with Pep's footballing principles.

Says everything, we have given them far too much respect.

In the 3 games played we have not played to our strengths, we all know our weaknesses, they were obvious from early season. Our defending is shambolic, our attacking play is among the very best in europe.

Last Saturday our manager set the team up not to concede and sacrificed our greatest strength in doing so.

To me that's weird, especially with Pep's footballing principles.

I think I agree. Playing with 3 centre backs is understandable if all 3 are up to the job. But we put 3 half decent ones out there hoping that would make 2 good ones - we should have played less defenders not more and how Foden and Bernado(even out of form) didn’t get on the pitch let alone start was just odd

The point is they are a side we should be beating and beating comfortably 99 times out of 100.

Bayern beat them easily and never had to get out of 2nd gear.

Bayern got lucky, had Lyon brought their shooting boots they'd have got through.

At the start of last season Silva was in fine form, it was after the Mendy thing that his form dropped.

He has stopped taking players on , dribbling past opponents , he used to glide past players now he goes for the safe pass , he reminds me of Sterling under Pellegrini , i think its a confidence thing , he is a brilliant player he just need his belief back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.