Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't pay > £100m for him. At 33 he just isn't going to play how you remember. David has his day. As did Kompany. No one is above this law. But as you say, it's just football views and at the moment there is no right or wrong.

Messi is a marketing dream. He will make City more popular both in England and in the world. Therefore, he's easily worth 100m. The fans of the other top clubs in England will be quite envious, no doubt about it.

I don't think Messi will (significantly) improve us as a team though. City 17-19 won more points and had better GD than Barca's legendary team (09-11). And Messi hasn't been the known difference maker in the CL since 2015. We will probably create more chances with him but won't be sufficiently stable defensively due to a reduced ability to press and win the ball back against the top teams. If we allow Liverpool and Manure to play through our press, Koulibaly won't save our asses.

Pep will probably try to fix that problem by using pressing machines like Jesus and Foden/Bernardo. Chances are that Messi will want to play with Aguero though. So, it might not be easy for Pep.

Give Barca Garcia, Mahrez and/or money but not Bernardo or Jesus. That would be a mistake, imo.

Last edited:

The other story comes from Yahoo’s Jorge Nicola, and perhaps that’s even more shocking. He says Lionel Messi invited Neymar to join him at Manchester City.

It’s a person close to the Brazilian star who told the journalist that this invite was made even before Lionel Messi told Barcelona he’d leave the club.

“Messi asked Neymar to go to Manchester City,” the source told Jorge Nicola. “The idea is to form the trio of the times of Barcelona with Messi, Neymar and Guardiola.”

Even though Neymar and Pep were never there at the same time and Neymar goes missing almost as well as Lord Lucan..

It's like when a top manager / team leader leaves for another company and ask his subordinates to join him lol

Let us just look at this from a different angle for a minute, can we really afford the reported £1million a week wages?

I honestly don’t think Messi cares all that much about his wages. He’s set for life. Just getting the opportunity to play with best-mate Agüero, for Pep and the management team he seem to appreciate is a great solution for his final years as a footballer. I could see Messi matching Agüeros wages.

And given everything Messi has done for Barcelona, if they forced him to stay, they’d be the most hated club in the world. I think they could let him leave, but who knows, their management is a joke.

Jesus probably is worth £100million. Now if we can get Otamendi valued at £100million then that would be impressive.

Ota:
  • A year younger than Messi
  • Established Argentine international
  • Low maintenance model pro
  • PL and multiple other medals
  • Club experience in several countries
  • Speaks fluent Spanish
  • Good tattoos.
Yer, that’s £100m of anybody’s money.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.