Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep getting this sinking feeling that Pep will meet Messi and actually try and convince him to stay at Barcelona ffs. I hope i'm wildly wrong, but it'd be a very Pep thing to do...
Why would he do that?
IT's one thing to say "let your heart decide messi" to "Yeah, ignore the way they're treating you, have abused and stalked you and stay. Let Bart win"
It's a very nuanced situation, one which I doubt pep would give such a black/white suggestion for.

Fair comment so who is the biggest of all time in your opinion ?
I wouldn't say there's one, this one seems more or less on par with Ronaldo signing for us, just a little more surprising because Messi never left Barça prior to this. Ronaldo had played for 11 years for Real too and it seemed like he would end his career there. But there have been lots of huge transfers in history. I don't remember them all but there isn't one that stands out as bigger to me, mostly because "big" could mean it cost a lot, or it was a genius buy, or the player was already a huge name in football (which on its own doesn't mean it's a good transfer).

Why would he do that?
IT's one thing to say "let your heart decide messi" to "Yeah, ignore the way they're treating you, have abused and stalked you and stay. Let Bart win"
It's a very nuanced situation, one which I doubt pep would give such a black/white suggestion for.

Cos he's Pep and he's weird haha. He's said repeatedly in the press that he think Messi should never leave Barcelona. Wouldn't be surprised if he told him that too. Of course it may not happen, but it'd be classic Pep.

I keep getting this sinking feeling that Pep will meet Messi and actually try and convince him to stay at Barcelona ffs. I hope i'm wildly wrong, but it'd be a very Pep thing to do...
Why would he do this? What benefit is it to Pep if he is to stay at Barca?

Surely he'd want Messi to be happy and help increase his chances of managerial success in the near futures.

Think you're over-analysing the whole situation here. At the start of March we were all worried that we wouldn't be able to keep De Bruyne/Sterling and now we are actually going for a player that would guarantee them staying! Take that into consideration.

Cos he's Pep and he's weird haha. He's said repeatedly in the press that he think Messi should never leave Barcelona. Wouldn't be surprised if he told him that too. Of course it may not happen, but it'd be classic Pep.
Yeah fair one! He is a bit above it all isn''t he?

Still, I think on this occasion, his mind might just have been changed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.