Squad Numbers - 2020/21

If a player changes their number voluntarily what happens if supporters have already bought a shirt for the new season with their favourite player's name and old (previous) number on it? I know in the NFL that the player has to reimburse the cost of everyone buying a new shirt with the new number on - and that's why in the NFL no one changes their number once a new shirt has been released for sale.

The Summerbee/Lee thing was, I think, a silly attempt to confuse the opposition. I seem to remember Doyle wearing 9 at one point and Mal spouting some rubbish about playing him at CF.
When they first arrived, Buzzer played at centre-forward and Frannie on the wing.

If a player changes their number voluntarily what happens if supporters have already bought a shirt for the new season with their favourite player's name and old (previous) number on it? I know in the NFL that the player has to reimburse the cost of everyone buying a new shirt with the new number on - and that's why in the NFL no one changes their number once a new shirt has been released for sale.
I bought an aguero shirt the year he turned from 16 to 10. If i remember correctly they gave me the option to swap it for free to his new number or have your shirt signed by the player

So, the way I see it, the numbers could eventually end up like this:

1. Ederson (new number, taking Bravo's)
2. Walker
3. Koulibaly (when/if he arrives, the number he wears for his national team)
4. Laporte (new number, which he used to wear at Athletic)
5. Stones
6. Aké (confirmed)
7. Sterling
8. Gündogan
9. Jesus
10. Messi (IF we sign him)
11. Zinchenko (might leave, also I hate that he wears number 11, should wear number 15)
12. Angeliño (might leave)
14. Rodri (new number, which he used to wear for Atlético)
16. Agüero (new number, giving number 10 to Lio)
17. De Bruyne
20. Bernardo
21. Torres (confirmed)
22. Mendy
23. Retired
24. Adarabioyo (new loan spell?)
25. Fernandinho
26. Mahrez
27. Cancelo (he should take number 13, it would suit him)
30. Otamendi (might leave)
32. Grimshaw (new loan spell?)
33. Carson
47. Foden
49. Muric (new loan spell?)
50. Garcia (might leave)
69. Doyle
80. Palmer
82. Bernabé
78. Harwood-Bellis

Weird that Zack Steffen wasn't given a number, considering he's supposed to be our 2nd GK next season.
Also, I hate that low numbers like 13, 15, 18 and 19 are free and we have players using high numbers, but since they're academy players I'll let it slide.
I think Zack Steffen would probably take the #13 if he's in the squad next season as that's traditionally the number of the 2nd choice keeper. Also think Stones will leave which means the #5 is available for someone like Cancelo. Other than that you've probably got it about right.

I think Zack Steffen would probably take the #13 if he's in the squad next season as that's traditionally the number of the 2nd choice keeper. Also think Stones will leave which means the #5 is available for someone like Cancelo. Other than that you've probably got it about right.
I think Foden should take 11 if Zee leaves.

I think Foden should take 11 if Zee leaves.
Maybe or stick with 47 until 10 becomes available which will probably only be 2-3 years from now I would've thought. Hopefully by then Phil will be one of the first names on the teamsheet and taking the 10 will have a lot more meaning.

I reckon these will be the changes if we get our two main targets.

Ederson 1
Koulibaly 3
Laporte 4
Messi 10
Rodrigo 14
Aguero 16

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.