Boro v City 40 years ago today.

I remember one game v Boro where they wore the rags shirt for some reason, early 80s?

Definitely the grimmest town I've ever been to.

Yeah , i was also in the kippax at that game , but with about quarter of an hour to go you just saw a real commotion at the very top of the City section of the North Stand , and it kicked off bigtime for a few minutes when the City fans realised who they were ... Boro had come all the way up the stairs and it was only really Citys strength in numbers that saw Boro beaten back.
Was there that day, apparently their was about 50 odd of them never went to the game, they were drinking in town made their way to the ground and rushed into north stand lashing out at anyone near the end of the game, I know these lads did not go because a red I was chatting to told me he saw them in town whilst the game was going on, from what I saw they didn’t stay long they got a few digs in return and ran out, it was organised but anyone leaving early would have been in a bit of trouble caught in the back of the north stand with these coming in

Was there that day, apparently their was about 50 odd of them never went to the game, they were drinking in town made their way to the ground and rushed into north stand lashing out at anyone near the end of the game, I know these lads did not go because a red I was chatting to told me he saw them in town whilst the game was going on, from what I saw they didn’t stay long they got a few digs in return and ran out, it was organised but anyone leaving early would have been in a bit of trouble caught in the back of the north stand with these coming in

Aaah , that would explain it .....

as i said in an earlier post another mob of them had also come through Rusholme from town before the game and attacked fans drinking in the Clarence , the windows went through , pub doors had to be bolted shut with some City fans inside , and i don't think the pub itself ever really recovered from that ... and i unwittingly bumped right into them as i was making my way down Claremont road towards the ground , the cops were desperately trying to gather them together as they rampaged through a sidestreet close to the Sherwood pub.

That was another nasty little shithole , plenty of rough c*nts in Luton , and we always had trouble there., my mate landed up in hospital for three days after a night game there when they ambushed us in dark alleyway ......they were even firing pellet guns at us from a station bridge on one occasion as waited for the special train!

I seem to remember being shot at by Barnsley from the station bridge as well.

I can see the current Mrs 91:23 old house on that picture of old Ayresome Park. I moved up here about 15 years ago now and Teesside isnt as bad as its painted by some on here. Like Manchester it has it's bad areas but Boro is a thriving town just as Manchester is. They still have their share of industrial areas up here but 5 minutes away is the North York moors to the south and stunning Northumberland to the north. I just wish they had a decent team up in the PL so that going to a match would only take me 15 mins rather than the 2 or 3 hour journey it takes me to get to the Etihad. For the avoidance of any doubt though...... Manchester will always be home!

Edit. They do like to mention the 8-1 though. Which is fair enough but the conversation doesnt last too long when I ask, 'So how is your trophy haul since then?'

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.