#8 | Ilkay Gündoğan - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gundogan doesn't press shit. He can't run. He's hopeless at tracking runners and can't tackle.

People assume because he plods around the centre circle, he must automatically be better defensively than Bernado Silva for example. He isn't.

Bernado presses better, runs more, is more aggressive. The only thing Gundogan does better is stand still and play it square. No wonder his pass completion is so high, he slows everything down and completely stifles our tempo by constantly going backwards and square.

And out of possession, he's arguably our worst player.
Yep I agree with all of that entirely. At risk of getting pelters; he plays similiar to Gazza Bazza (sideways and backwards) even in the final third, will always seek the easier option. I just think we need someone more mobile and willing to forge ahead. Let's not forget, he has been culpable for a couple of goals with sloppy passes this past season. He got away with it because the defender(s) in question took the flak!!

Yep I agree with all of that entirely. At risk of getting pelters; he plays similiar to Gazza Bazza (sideways and backwards) even in the final third, will always seek the easier option. I just think we need someone more mobile and willing to forge ahead. Let's not forget, he has been culpable for a couple of goals with sloppy passes this past season. He got away with it because the defender(s) in question took the flak!!
Don’t agree about Gareth Barry at all.

I thought he was absolutely excellent for City. The reason he got in the team ahead of DeJong in 2012 is because he always looked for the forward pass.

Constantly found Silva in tight areas when under pressure, which is why Silva voted him his player of the season.

Gundogan just always plays it safe and can’t run and can’t tackle. He completely stifles the tempo of the team and I think the best bit of business we could do this summer is to move him on.

Every club needs a scapegoat, not a proper club without one.
At 24, kungsley coman had just scored the winner in a champions league final, to add to his mammoth haul of medals, yet some of those on this thread were calling him "shite"
If Gundoghan went , there are plenty , people would find to fill the "blindspot" role.
Always have, always will.

Maybe his position of scapegoat will change next season?

My money is on it being FFS instead.

He's been instrumental in ensuring city are knocked out of the last 3 Champions League tournaments- spurs away first leg, Sandusky's away first leg and Lyon this year. Should never pay for a side like city
Is that the Spurs away where Sergio missed a penalty to put us ahead?

If you have a look at the small but noisy set of delusional fans on here who frequent his player performance threads and defend him 'til death, Pep's seemingly not the only one with a blind spot.

He's shite with no standout attributes and overall a hindrance to us. One in maybe five games he plays could be considered good.
I thought I went every game home and away - turns out In that case I must only be going 4 out of every 5 as I keep missing his good game :-)

He is the link between defence and offence and when that link is broken it affects the whole team
What’s an offence? Perhaps it is an American phrase for an attack? Which makes me question do you actually go to the games or watch on TV? If you go and see the whole pitch rather than 15% of the pitch that the camera focuses on you may see a different perspective

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.