All or Nothing documentary

shevtheblue

So i thought the City one was just OK, tbh. I thought they didn't go into much detail as i had expected, you didn't really get to know any of the players or see any personal conversations between anyone that left much of a mark. I'm only on episode 2 of the Spurs one and i've already seen much more substance in this, seems like Amazon learnt a lesson (which is weird, since they've done a number of these documentaries already on other sports teams!). The conversations the players have with each other, the chats with the chairman and more so the fly on the wall with Mourinho, exactly what you want to watch when you put something like this on. I assume it is partly because Mourinho is an ego maniac and a bit of a sociopath, that he allowed much more than Pep did, but it's made for a much better show. Whether that affected Spurs' ability to actually play football, maybe it did.

Anyway, enjoying this up to now.

Did they show Pouch getting the push in episode 1? If so I may watch episode one - but I can't stand Moaninho so I'll give the rest a miss..

What I've learned so far.

Jose is a ****, with funny moments. He tells players they are shit and doesn't give a fuck. No wonder The Rags wanted rid.

Derty Ali is a lazy thick ****. Mourinho tries to tell him and he just looks smug and giggles.

Sir Harry is portrayed like Vinny. His team motivational speech consists of "Let's fucking do them"

Levy is a ****.

"I see us as a caring club" Then furloughs the staff.

Son seems genuinely decent. You feel his sadness when Alti fan sends him off.

What I've learned so far.

Jose is a ****, with funny moments. He tells players they are shit and doesn't give a fuck. No wonder The Rags wanted rid.

Derty Ali is a lazy thick ****. Mourinho tries to tell him and he just looks smug and giggles.

Sir Harry is portrayed like Vinny. His team motivational speech consists of "Let's fucking do them"

Levy is a ****.

"I see us as a caring club" Then furloughs the staff.

Son seems genuinely decent. You feel his sadness when Alti fan sends him off.
and the title should be simply “Nothing”

I think Amazon probably looked at the success of Sunderland till I die documentary on Netflix and probably learned a lot. As far as actual documentary goes the Sunderland biopic was heads and shoulders above what Amazon has produced. You really get to see footballers be arsholes, agents be sleazy, and just how incompetent some front offices can be.

I think Amazon probably looked at the success of Sunderland till I die documentary on Netflix and probably learned a lot. As far as actual documentary goes the Sunderland biopic was heads and shoulders above what Amazon has produced. You really get to see footballers be arsholes, agents be sleazy, and just how incompetent some front offices can be.

The Amazon ones have been controlled by the club's involved as you say. There's a lot of stuff that went on in the City one that wasn't covered such as the coach attack and the rags kicking off when we schooled them.

There was rumours that Mourinho came into a club with players that were split. We've seen none of that in the documentary so far. Apart from a couple of scenes where Derty Alli is trying to wind up team mates.

I agree the Sunderland till I die is far more honest. When they invited the documentary team in they wanted to show everything warts and all about the club and everything connected to it. Far less editorial control than City or Spurs. To be fair their programmes are about selling the club's worldwide. I think Sunderlandys was more about highlighting the struggles of clubs and fans in their position.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.