Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This won’t finish that quickly. His Dad didn’t fly half way around the world to hear Bartomeu say “no” to his face only to then say “aw shucks I guess we better renew then”

I won’t say this doesn’t end with him at Barca but today was only Act I in what promises to be an excruciating play

If going to court is just a bluff then what else can Messi do?

Bartomeu isn't a normal president. As he will be out of job come next summer I think he doesn't give a fuck about any long term benefit. He probably sees an opportunity to let the next president deal with this shit and calculates losing Messi would look bad in his legacy.

Last edited:
This journalist from Argentina is close to the Messi camp and has had several interview with Messi in the past. Anybody who follows Messi knows he rarely does interviews.

He reported that Messi is discouraged after speaking to his father and finding out first had that Bartomeus stance is firm and does not under any circumstances to end up in the courts. He had a very rough experience when he was convicted of tax evasion in Spain.
according to this gentleman Messi will make a definitive move tomorrow and advise that he will stay and sign with city come January for the 2021-22 season.

The host of the Spanish show el Chiringuito stated that he doesn’t believe Messi will make a move like that, this quick on the heels of the first meeting. We shall see.

Alternatively, Bartomeu is discouraged after finding first hand Messi is determined to leave and won't join training.

I don't expect any dramatic moves today in either direction. Barca's position is weak and the longer Messi refuses to train with the team, the weaker Barca's position becomes. In 2-3 weeks their stance will be softer. Everything depends on Messi now. Is he really determined to leave Barca? I guess the answer is still 'yes'.

We seem to have many posters who are skilled in the art of chiromancy.
Can they tell us the premier league winners 20/21, aswell as how the Messi mess unfolds.

Every Barcelona fan has. Nobody wants him here against his will, we just wish he showed us the same class of the pitch as he did on the pitch. And I’m in the US by the way.

He is showing class, by not taking the club to court. And, by staying silent, rather than causing a media storm, which he could do with one tweet let alone a statenent.

He is offering the club the chance of a modest fee, that they arent entitled to, for a dignified exit. The club are posturing for a massive fee, which can backfire, as they could end up with nothing and ruin a legacy if a real legend, simultaneous pissing all over their so called club mantra.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.