Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s to say Jorge has travelled to Barcelona, and agreed he’ll leave on a free after next season, with the blessing of the new president?
What would be the point of that?

His conviction to leave is piss poor if he’s been convinced to stay after a 1 hour meeting.

It’s all bollocks being leaked by Bartomeu. The state of play remains the same, 90% is some made up figure pulled from someone’s ass.

This journalist from Argentina is close to the Messi camp and has had several interview with Messi in the past. Anybody who follows Messi knows he rarely does interviews.

He reported that Messi is discouraged after speaking to his father and finding out first had that Bartomeus stance is firm and does not under any circumstances to end up in the courts. He had a very rough experience when he was convicted of tax evasion in Spain.

according to this gentleman Messi will make a definitive move tomorrow and advise that he will stay and sign with city come January for the 2021-22 season.

The host of the Spanish show el Chiringuito stated that he doesn’t believe Messi will make a move like that, this quick on the heels of the first meeting. We shall see.
I don't think so. Messi can apply for an international transfer certificate through FIFA. That could break the log jam (see FIFA Transfer Dispute Resolution) through an arbitration tribunal. This process can neuter Barcelona and La Liga's legal threat.

He also has time on his side. At this moment Bartomeu can appear tough now but this position will become untenable if Messi stands firm. I can not see that Barca will go into the new season with Messi 'on strike' and the player free to arrange a free transfer in January. This is a very damaging process for Barcelona and I don't think they can maintain this stand off with new season days away.

I don't think so. Messi can apply for an international transfer certificate through FIFA. That could break the log jam (see FIFA Transfer Dispute Resolution) through an arbitration tribunal. This process can neuter Barcelona and La Liga's legal threat.

He also has time on his side. At this moment Bartomeu can appear tough now but this position will become untenable if Messi stands firm. I can not see that Barca will go into the new season with Messi 'on strike' and the player free to arrange a free transfer in January. This is a very damaging process for Barcelona and I don't think they can maintain this stand off with new season days away.
He already has put papers into FIFA has he not? I can't see what else it would be for besides the International clearance.

I'm starting to believe it wont happen, but then part of me thinks why would he make such a big deal that 'he's not a Barca player anymore' and not turn up to their training and test's?

Surely he's gone past the point of no return there now.

Barca wont win anything next season either, so theres not much incentive to stay

100 %, Its now or never
It won't go that far. Barcelona can not maintain this position and the player is probably already seeking a free transfer. As that advances that could undercut Barcelona leaving them forced to negotiate on Messi's terms. And City pick up the pieces. I'd have preferred barcelona to back down immediately but they have nowhere to go is Messi resists. If Messi wants to move to City he is free to apply to FIFA for a ruling on his transfer certification.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.