Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wtf. He just had to make sure with his legal team to use his clause at the right time if he knew d'or the whole year.

Agreed, but at the same time you would expect a president to honour his word.

Regardless of the date of his release clause, it was intended for the end of the season. As Messi stated, announcing he was leaving when Barca still had everything to play for would have been a disaster for him.

There’s no doubt he has been naive about the situation but he’s made the Barca president look a right untrustworthy ****.

He has come out and said he wants out and the only reason he’s staying is under what is in effect house arrest. Not sure why people are slagging him off, he wants out he isn’t signing a new deal you get the feeling this isn’t finished for us whether that’s this transfer window or more likely Jan.

I hope that the story’s not finished, and that this is all one last push for a transfer on “friendlier” terms...

But the part about his family sounds like a dealbreaker to me, and makes me wonder how such a fuss about this got started in the first place

Why would we do that? We absolutely need to be in it for next season to drive the price up for someone else. He's not coming the MCFC ever but this can be used to our advantage to damage another club, especially if we'd be a place Messi would legitimately be interested in.

And the NYCFC idea when he's 35/36 is absolutely going to be on the table still.

you never get fooled and they say once bitten twice shy and city should walk away right now
messi just bottled it and if barca can lay down the law and messi jumps then sorry messi is not a man we all first thought ? messi is finished as a player that can change a game of football week in week out and does manchester city need that sort of player at them prices we was offering him in wages

How akward will it be for him when he has to see his teammates again, like everybody just forgets and carries on I guess?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.