It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do. There are lots of things still in play.

Isn’t this just underestimating what a huge moron Bartomeu is?

He and the board repeatedly said they won’t negotiate for Messis departure with any club, and it seems that hasn’t changed. In yesterdays video, Barca got what they wanted (and they’ve known this entire time he wants out but still don’t care).

I would love for you to be right but hoping this chaotic club would come to their senses feels a bit too much to ask given what we’ve seen from the club over the weeks. I know the video yesterday probably was part of a plan B, I just struggle to see how it would have any effect to the people in charge.

Plus, another public twist in this tale would be taking things way too far, both for Messi and Barcelona. Now things are quiet and I expect them to stay that way.

depends on the type of ice cream you prefer, but I guess I see it how I see it, remember there’s no malice, just an observation, I’ve been that very character and can only say it’s brighter on the other side!!
No malice here, either. I just prefer my writers full-fat, not semi-skimmed!

Not that we'd behave like that but imagine if we'd decided not let DS leave this summer, instead asking Real Sociedad 40m for his services.
Despite Silva's love of City and its fans I think he'd have taken us to court. Cojones.
Hadn't David Silvas contract expired? Its more like saying Sergio wants to leave for nothing this summer but we want a rediculous fee for him. For me Barca are not being smart at all, they are clinging onto Messi regardless of the long term cost to their reputation, financial status and ability to rebuild. In other words, they are just fucking dumb.

Messi was convinced we could do it for free and played his cards as strongly as he could, but my contacts have stated this morning that even the video yesterday was part of a plan B strategy.

I expect another power play before this window closes and if Barto is still there, a final negotiation in January involving Garcia.

Messi was actually very smart yesterday, he ticked a lot of boxes - love for Barca, love for his family, wanting to love the remainder of his playing days - even box checking the terrible toll COVID has had on the world.

His entire narrative was an appeal for empathy, wanting to draw people to his struggle.
Makes sense, mate. That video must've been recorded Thursday, most likely with the full knowledge of the c-suite at City.

Oh yeah, forgot about that. Would rather all signings be at the club before the start ideally.

Im not too bothered about Messi and want a top class DM/CM instead.

The Kaka saga showed the club was much better off not going for the stellar signings and bringing in players the squad actually needed, imo of course.

Firstly I agree that it would be ideal to have them all in place but this is unprecidented times at the moment...a week of two here of there will make little difference.

Our other signings are not affected by Messi - so we will get what we will get regardless whether that is a DM/CM anyway if thats what the club decide we need. Interestingly, Ake has been quoted as saying that DM is a position he can play and this may have come into Pep's reckoning.

Messi is a different level to even what Kaka was - if there is any chance the club can still get him then we should be all over it. My ONLY issue witht he club is at tiems we dont seem to be ruthless enough in the transfer market (but I could be wrong)

People have been flapping for weeks about the pursuit of Messi stopping us getting other players - it has NO impact on this whatsoever - do yu not think the likes of Khaldoon Txixi and Ferran can multi task and delegate?

What is holding things up is that we are dealing with a couple of the most deluded and power mad football club owners in the likes of ADL and Bart the world has ever seen - you could throw Levy into that as well (hopefully we are not dealing with him however and chasing Kane)

Is there no way he could of said I am returning to Barca without prejudice and got a legal ruling on the contract. Not taking them to court just asking a court (or CAS) for clarification and their ruling on the clause in the contract?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.