Greatest ever football XI

urban genie

Going of the maradona/Messi thread could you actually pick a greatest 11 team?

So many great players over the years that it is near impossilbe, though I think midfield amd attack is the most difficult.

So what is yours? I have down one below but could so easily change players

Zoff
Cafu
Baresi
Beckenbaeur
maldini
Garinicha
Rivaldo
Gullit
Cryuff or messi
Maradona
Ronaldo (the real one)

Subs : Maier, Moore, Cannavaro, Zidane, Xavi, Silva, Platini, Müller, Eusabio

Last edited:
Going of the maradona/Messi thread could you actually pick a greatest 11 team?

So many great players over the years that it is near impossilbe, though I think midfield amd attack is the most difficult.

So what is yours? I have down one below but could so easily change players

Zoff
Cafu
Baresi
Beckenbaeur
maldini
Garinicha
Rivaldo
Gullit
Cryuff or messi
Maradona
Ronaldo (the real one)

Subs : Maier, Moore, Cannavaro, Zidane, Xavi, Silva, Platini, Mulleur, Van Basten
Pele says hi!

Gerd Muller was better than Pele? I'm assuming that you saw them both play?
Like saying Francis Lee is better than Messi.

Mullers scoring record as a forward is on a par with Pele, his achievement domestically and at national level, he is overlooked because he was no flashy player with flicks and step overs, but when it comes to thr greatest goalscorers he is as good as, if not slightly better than Pele.

Not all the greatest players have to be the greatest showmen.

Mullers scoring record as a forward is on a par with Pele, his achievement domestically and at national level, he is overlooked because he was no flashy player with flicks and step overs, but when it comes to thr greatest goalscorers he is as good as, if not slightly better than Pele.

Not all the greatest players have to be the greatest showmen.
No I agree but then stats don't always have to dictate the greatest players. Pele was in a different league than Muller. Muller was a great goalscorer but great footballer? Pele is in the same company as Messi, Maradona and Cruyff.

No I agree but then stats don't always have to dictate the greatest players. Pele was in a different league than Muller. Muller was a great goalscorer but great footballer? Pele is in the same company as Messi, Maradona and Cruyff.

It was a greatest 11 and anyone can choose any, as I originally said the midfield and forward lines are the hardest pick, I weighed up the two players Ichave seen and chose them as first choice I then had to choose two strikers from 3-4 greats and so chose two with better goal scorung attribites over skill hence why Müller is in and originally van basten because I wanted to choose another player I have seen, but in honesty Eusabio or Pele are above him but Eusabio as an outright gialscorer trumps Pele.

So to get 4 from 6 Pele lost out on goalscoring alone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.