#8 | Ilkay Gündoğan - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, if City plays great, it's because of others than Gündogan. Does City play bad it's because of Gündogan. Have I summarized what you actually said? Sounds biased to me.
No it's not biased, any one who watches city games should be able to see that gundogun is very different from the rest of the team. No matter how city pays, gundogun is always slow, backwards and sideways looking, afraid to shoot, cannot find a decent forward pass etc. Sure we win a lot of games even when he's playing, but when things get tight or when we play strong teams you need all 11 players to pull their weight. And gundogun rarely, if ever, does.

Lads shouting get Thiago when Gündogan can do all and more. He fits certain systems better, not as prolific neither could he replace David Silva. Check his assist numbers over the seasons as well, he's been in immense form and controls the game excellent but give Gündogan the same role and he could do it as well, instead he's sat deep rotating 360 while holding Rodri's hand.

You're saying that Gundogan is better than Thiago?

I've always thought Gundogan's supporters are delusional, but this may just take the cake.

No it's not biased, any one who watches city games should be able to see that gundogun is very different from the rest of the team. No matter how city pays, gundogun is always slow, backwards and sideways looking, afraid to shoot, cannot find a decent forward pass etc. Sure we win a lot of games even when he's playing, but when things get tight or when we play strong teams you need all 11 players to pull their weight. And gundogun rarely, if ever, does.
Study the careeer of John McGovern. His playing style.and medals..

You're saying that Gundogan is better than Thiago?

I've always thought Gundogan's supporters are delusional, but this may just take the cake.
He is not better, he can just do it all under Pep. Difference.

What are "Gündogan supporters" lol pose an argument instead.

This really is the epitome of bias. Let's get some facts straight. He starts for both club and country and just renewed his contract. So apart from your biased perception the boards of both teams are very happy with his performance. He does probably exactly the things he gets told by his managers. Your ability to see his value for the team and it's play is not part of the decision making process of his managers.

That led us straight to two possible explanations.
=> Pep, Jogi and their board members involved have no clue whatsoever they do
=> You are wrong, may it due to bias or incompetence to see what Gündogan brings to the table

Guess what a fact-based, rational mind what chose?

Played very well for Germany in their last two games
I didn’t watch the Switzerland game but are you sure you watched the spain game. Thiago was running rings around gundogun, I’m not looking forward to the dipper games next season with gundogun playing

This really is the epitome of bias. Let's get some facts straight. He starts for both club and country and just renewed his contract. So apart from your biased perception the boards of both teams are very happy with his performance. He does probably exactly the things he gets told by his managers. Your ability to see his value for the team and it's play is not part of the decision making process of his managers.

That led us straight to two possible explanations.
=> Pep, Jogi and their board members involved have no clue whatsoever they do
=> You are wrong, may it due to bias or incompetence to see what Gündogan brings to the table

Guess what a fact-based, rational mind what chose?
The emperor has no clothes.

I can see what every single player brings to city but I’m afraid I can’t see what gundogun brings. Every time he plays and especially paired with Rodri , I’ve backed the other team to win and more often than not I’ve been proved right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.