It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stones quality and mentality is a lesser issue still that could easily be overcome with gametime and man management. The real issue is him being injury prone. Him staying is okay but if he cannot lock down a starter spot after 4 seasons at the club that says a lot in itself.

There is a huge difference between a brain fart (somewhere like Norwich) than being responsible for fucking things up at the back.

The high-line, lack of midfield protection, that is what fucks things up at the back.

Stones is quicker than Laporte, passes between the lines better than Laporte. He lacks Laporte's aerial aggression,the cynical stuff which saw him knocked off the ball in games against Liverpool and Monaco.

City are at their best when Stones is at his best, splitting to give Ederson an option down the middle, being brave into the spaces and looking for a pass, comfortable in the triangles.

If he is playing for Spurs or United, he is suddenly being touted again as a top-class defender.

He should absolutely be good enough to be the regular back-up to the Vinny heir apparent which supposedly exists out there.

I've yet to see him. They don't make them like Vinny anymore - someone who also had his fair share of fuck ups, let's be honest.

Are you sure Laport passes better between the lines I have never seen a better passer of the ball for CB than Laport true he tends to be sending it high and out wide rather than through the lines but I would have thought if he can do that the best he can do the other the best I have kinda forgotten what both are like given the virus and there injuries

Would you rather eat that fudge cake in the fridge, even though it's close to its use-by date or would you continue munching on the turd you've been nibbling on for years in the hope that you'll get to a chocolate centre?
Wait for the sell by date to arrive and then bin it or give it to someone in need.

Then go to the best shop you can and buy the best looking cake, or go to the new shop, with the cakes no one have tried , good chance they may be amazing and they are very resonable.

I have watched him have three very good games against Liverpool. I've also seen him play a number of games for both club and country where KK has absolutely stank the place out and looks no better than Mangala (all in preferred left-sided slot)

You can argue he can adapt perfectly to playing on the right but there is no actual consistent evidence for it, rather than the fact he is right footed?

Otamendi is right-footed but only really looks 'comfortable' playing on the left hand side of a two.

KK has got better on here as the weeks have gone by.

I'd like to see more orthodox alternatives but everybody only seems to have a couple of raw or untested names to put forward?
Gimenez has impressed me from the little I’ve seen.

Douglas Luiz, i just don’t understand why we haven’t got him back, we wanted him but couldn’t get a work permit,he goes to Villa gets a seasons experience in the premier league and impresses, it’s a no brainer for me.

City have already briefed we have the £25m option again next summer and want to see how he does again in his second season.

Any centre back is a risk in this market, and will cost a lot. Koulibaly's at least experienced and only had this bad season solely because of Gattuso and his backward system (also because Manolas is terrible, and Maksimovic isn't quite the highest level, but still plays better with Koulibaly because he can play out the back and pass). Neither Upamecano nor Diego Carlos (who's only played 1 season in La Liga and 3 seasons in Ligue 1 at Nantes I think) guarantee they'll be good, especially the former, who's still quite a raw product and even Nagelsmann has said he needs improvement, just this last season Konaté was rated above him. These things change quick.

What we urgently need is an orthodox right-sided central defender - Koulibaly is a right-footer who consistently plays on the left.

£70m plus for another suck it and see is a terrible strategy - it was the same last summer going after Maguire who also plays on the left.

Thank fuck we didn't pay that either.

It's not rocket science - sign players for the positions they already play and we need.

Wouldn’t KK play even better on the right as he is right footed ? Hardly suck it and see especially as he is so experienced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.