Is our cycle of dominance coming to an end?

Yes, I don't think we can replicate what we achieved over last 10 years in the next 10 years. Even more, we won't replicate our last 3 years in next 3 - there will be a natural decline due to losing some of the best players in the world every season.

You can have the best planning in the world but when you don't sign the best while your rivals do it is eventually gonna catch up. Like someone else here already said, I'd rather have the philosophy of 5 world class players and 5 decent players than 1-2 world class players and 8 good players. The world class players win you titles and step up during critical times.

Last edited:
No. On and off the pitch, CFG are second to none. With the unprecedented events of 2020 and the subsequent effects on little to no revenue from attendances; I can only see MCFC getting stronger and stronger. As a caveat, the transition from Guardiola to the new guy will be crucial.

Good thread op, I do think you are correct. The cycle is over and we need to attract the right players now or be scrambling for 4th.

We do have Kev, Sterling, Laporte, edie, Jesus so still the bones of a good spine. If Sergio can stay relatively healthy we could win it this season.

We relied too much on Kev to pull us through games and when he wasn’t on it we struggled.

We can’t keep harping on about replacing komps,Silva, yaya etc. Those players were amazing and formed a winning dominate championship team which we might not see again for a while. How we rebuild a team to match the success of the last decade will be tough and fans need to be patient.

Whatever you think of the scum, red rum did it over and over again tho he did not have the same competition in the league.

In short: recruit properly and the answer is yes.

Chelsea look good on paper but need time to gel and the mighty Livarpool will be the team to stop if they keep up the high level of consistency.

I will go with whom ever Var deems worthy....cough cough any team in red and definitely not city...

Last edited:
I think people often look back at old signings and remember them as more 'world class' than they were considered at the time, because with the benefit of hindsight, we know how good they became.

Toure and Silva are seen as the catalyst, for example, but let's not forget that one was more of a squad player at Barcelona often playing out of position (he played 14 extra games when he joined us) and the other was a highly rated creative midfielder, but not proven world class. Fernandinho was clearly good, but he was playing in the Ukrainian league at 28, so still relatively unproven at the highest level every week. One of the reasons Tevez left the rags was because he wasn't getting the game time and was regularly overlooked. Aguero, I'll grant you, was highly sought after, but the rest were a mixture of players that other clubs weren't getting the best out of, talented younger players, and big fish in small ponds. I don't see much difference between that and the likes of De Bruyne, Bernardo, Laporte, Ederson, Rodri, Mahrez etc.

And let's be honest, that's how most world beating teams are built. Other than Real Madrid in the early 2000s, top teams are built by signing players like Didier Drogba, not Andriy Shevchenko.

I am really not arsed for next season. Feels like it is peps last and will be a struggle and a bit of a farce again with all this covid. Get top 4 and save the cash for when we are back and our new long term manager.

I think people often look back at old signings and remember them as more 'world class' than they were considered at the time, because with the benefit of hindsight, we know how good they became.

Toure and Silva are seen as the catalyst, for example, but let's not forget that one was more of a squad player at Barcelona often playing out of position (he played 14 extra games when he joined us) and the other was a highly rated creative midfielder, but not proven world class. Fernandinho was clearly good, but he was playing in the Ukrainian league at 28, so still relatively unproven at the highest level every week. One of the reasons Tevez left the rags was because he wasn't getting the game time and was regularly overlooked. Aguero, I'll grant you, was highly sought after, but the rest were a mixture of players that other clubs weren't getting the best out of, talented younger players, and big fish in small ponds. I don't see much difference between that and the likes of De Bruyne, Bernardo, Laporte, Ederson, Rodri, Mahrez etc.

And let's be honest, that's how most world beating teams are built. Other than Real Madrid in the early 2000s, top teams are built by signing players like Didier Drogba, not Andriy Shevchenko.
Spot on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.