Is our cycle of dominance coming to an end?

Define dominate sir?
5b52427451dfbe1b008b4602
Taking that interpretation on board I’d suggest we have assumed the role of subordinated rather than the dominator ...not that I know anything being Just a humbled naughty male

With the pandemic who knows what gonna happen. We possibly lost 2 players b4 it's began and it will affect others as the season progessers. Liverpool will be there again, Chelsea, utd who are now building a young team, arsenal who under arteta have done better. Its up in the air, we need a centre half, crucial!

he was a lot of money for a teenager but we would definitely make a sizeable profit on him if he went

point was more he’s not a reliable goal scorer, if Aguero was to miss 3-4 months I don’t think Jesus is a good enough finisher to win us the league

He’ll score goals when we run riot, but those tight away games and the games against our title rivals he misses too many chances

24 big chances missed last season
no prob, we can disagree, I've seen what everyone of those considered big chances was and all I can say is there was a lot of wishful thinking, mostly by detractors.

The first cycle is drawing to a close now with only Sergio left from the start of it all but there’s no reason we can’t start another period of dominance with a new core.

We had Hart Kompany Yaya silva and Aguero as the spine with zabba and others in support. We’ve got Ederson Laporte KDB sterling and Aguero as a direct replacement as possible with the potential of Foden, walker, Bernardo and others.

were in a strong position to stay dominant but we can’t afford to have poor transfer windows otherwise it could set us back quite a bit. We’re going to need a cb, lb, dm,cm and striker of the highest quality over the next two windows as well as keeping our best players.
Hart was signed as a teenager
Zabba was raw and inconsistent
Komps was a bit of a sick note
All three signed pre takeover

Silva and Aguero both were signed with us not knowing if they'd be suited to English football

Toure was the player with the biggest reputation and coming to the peak of his powers

What I'm getting at is there was only Toure from those six who was generally known to be top class, but even Barcelona were prepared to let him leave

City have been the best side over the last decade but we have not dominated the decade in the way Utd and Liverpool did.
Maybe it seems that way because City have not had a fawning media pack shouting how marvellous the football has been. The unprecedented fourmidables season was a stand out in this regard.

Resources? We haven't spent big since Pep overhauled the defence. Three years ago.
Rodri wasn’t cheap as I recall. Cancelo? We have resources whether or not they’ve been deployed fully of late is debatable. Resources include stadium, trading facilities, sports science etc. Spending and money are not our only resources

We had the potential to be the current Bayern standard plus more 2 seasons back.

Mahrez, Rodri, Cancelo all cost about £200m and added nothing to the centurions team. All good players but added nothing more to that XI.

We didn’t replace Kompany. A world class CB and leader.

Rodri for Fernandinho is such a downgrade it’s untrue. What Fernandinho did for that team defensively was phenomenal.

And now with DSilva leaving and Fernandinho and Aguero almost done that’s 3 more world class players who won’t be replaced with players of their level.

Not to mention Sane leaving. He brought the speed, directness and excitement.

It’s been a bad couple of years off the pitch. And when I say bad, I mean for the standards we’d hope to achieve. Obviously we’ve done ok.

We are now just a good team in with a shout. Not a brilliant team who everyone is afraid of. We got close to being dominant for years but we let the chance pass.

I’ll never forget that season though. What a team that was 2 years back.

We had the potential to be the current Bayern standard plus more 2 seasons We are now just a good team in with a shout. Not a brilliant team who everyone is afraid of. We got close to being dominant for years but we let the chance pass.

I’ll never forget that season though. What a team that was 2 years back.

Good post, sadly you’re right about missing the opportunities. Mahrez, Rodri and Cancelo while good players weren’t upgrade signings which you need if you’re to build on a title win. Letting Sane go was a big blow but hopefully Torres can prove to be just as good.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.