Have we become expectant as a fanbase?

pretty much i expect atleast one title per season and at the very least a top 3 finish everyear and a final appearence in one of the cups or i call it a failure of a season lol.

Certainly, if we don’t win every game and score four or five goals I’m disappointed now days.

The answer to the original question is on the forum.....it's called the 'transfer forum' ,to save you wasting 10mins of your life that you'll never get back.....the answer is yes!

Should be titled , Have we become Rags ?, the thing i have always despised about the scum was their self entitled fan base , sincerely hope our support never emulate their plastic following , i expect it from JCL's but not from our hardcore support , we never want to become a version of the Swampdwellers.

Oh we never win at home we never win away do you miss them days that song was originally about, unfortunately the half and half scarfs won’t realise the great times we had even though we were shit,sitting and drinking with top blues who genuinely didn’t give a fuck as long as we tried and we were there to cheer our hero’s on top days imo

It’s a forum, it’s the internet, it’s not teal life. Strange people with strange motives say strange things online that they wouldn’t say in real life.

Unless it’s a really important game then any anger and discontent you feel at a defeat is probably washed out of your system chatting while walking back to your car or at worst by the time you get home.

It’s different when you’re a kid but most grown up city fans, because of the years of failure, have a very good sense of perspective about our current situation

In the time I have been a member here, the number of people that say things they wouldn't say in real life to another person has grown by leaps and bounds!

Maybe i remember "the good old days" fondly but every disagreement didn't have people insulting each other. People, often respectfully disagreed. Yeah, sometimes things got heated but it is the norm now, it seems.

Maybe the world is full of hard men now that will say anything to anyone because they can beat arse. Guess what. It isn't. I deal with people on a daily basis at work, especially young people who think they are hard as nails but when push comes to shove end up crying like a baby (would have chosen another word but didn't want anyone offended) if someone stands up to them when they act a hard man or God forbid puts hands on them when they deserve it.

In the time I have been a member here, the number of people that say things they wouldn't say in real life to another person has grown by leaps and bounds!

Maybe i remember "the good old days" fondly but every disagreement didn't have people insulting each other. People, often respectfully disagreed. Yeah, sometimes things got heated but it is the norm now, it seems.

Maybe the world is full of hard men now that will say anything to anyone because they can beat arse. Guess what. It isn't. I deal with people on a daily basis at work, especially young people who think they are hard as nails but when push comes to shove end up crying like a baby (would have chosen another word but didn't want anyone offended) if someone stands up to them when they act a hard man or God forbid puts hands on them when they deserve it.

I agree. I think the people who resort to insults are generally those too poorly educated to construct a decent argument, or come from a background where reasonable civilised debate isn't the norm.

It's easy to have opposing views and discuss them without ending up insulting someone, but many just seem to run out of vocabulary or patience. A sad indictment of society in general.

Expectations of success have gone up. City's record has gone from winning 1 in 5 to 4 in 5. We win trophies as a result, therefore expectations change.

We should go into every game and every season with the expectation of winning games and trophies. If we do not we have come off the track.

All good providing our support remains unconditional on success. To be fair to match-going Utd fans, they are still going but their hardships are what 6th and the odd trophy. Hardly compares to what we went through.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.