Is our cycle of dominance coming to an end?

There has been some poor mismanagement of the footballing side of City in the last few years IMO.

We have gone from a position of absolute strength in 2018 to looking quite ropey 2 years down the line.

Bad decisions have been made in that time and I genuinely think Pep is bigger than the club, which isn't great.

the lows will come once pep leaves ? because every manager after pep will be judged on what pep leaves city with

manchester city have in a way have had a period of dominance in the past 10 years. it was built on the building of the new manchester city from top to bottom and both come hand in hand

4 premier league titles is better than anybody else in the last ten years, add the cups and champions league places
then show me a better team in england over the past ten years, it also must be said and noted, that manchester city was never given any sort of help from the officials ? the fight in winning the silverware will and should feel special every time we pick something up because we are playing the hateful system that hangs over us

Recruitment is key, Txiki needs to be able to make proper signings that will elevate the first 11 and not bench options and underwhelming but expensive signings.

We are very close to move out Mendy, Stones who cost a lot each, question marks around Cancelo, not replacing Kompany in time, very questionable scouting on Maguire too last summer, would he have been a solution with his lack of pace in a high line defence? Doubt it...
Did we dodge a bullet there with United coming in an offer we did not match? Why wasnt a plan B urgently activated last summer? Why are we still haggling on couple million euros for Koulibaly 1 week before season starts. Who will be 35 years old by the time we agree a fee for him. :)

Liverpool would not be anywhere close to CL finalist, CL winner, PL winner in 3 years in a row if their recruitment would not have been very good.
Getting Allison and van Dijk is kind of signings that elevated their first 11 to new heights. Then there are immense scouting work in finding and turning Salah, Mane, Firmino into what they became 30-40m pound players who worth multiple of that today. (Fucking Robertson for 7m from Hull solved their LB position for years to come, is he a horrible thug? yes he is, but a great player at LB/WBL, with lots of assists each season, while we struggle with Zinchenko and Mendy...)

Does Stones, Mendy, Mahrez, Cancelo worth multiple of what they cost?Because that is around 200m pounds right there and wages on top...
Salah-Firmino-Mane trio cost them what like 100-110m in total?

Recruitment is key.

City are odds on favs to win the league. I think this is too short but nonetheless we still have a very chance to get our title back.

This a thread about if our cycle of dominance is coming to an end. Remember that....
It’s not about City fans being entitled and expecting to be the best of all time every season. No one has that right.

You’ve taken my post in this particular topic completely the wrong way.

I mentioned Bayern because they won the CL 3 weeks ago and everyone was impressed with their team so it’s easy to get my point across to a wide range of footballing fans if I reference them as they are fresh in people’s minds.

I very much doubt I did mate. Your post sounds like a rant after a season we finished second and won two trophy’s, scoring most goals.
Maybe fans like you are not happy with that and go on about losing dominance.
We have been the dominant team over the past 9-10 years. Without winning everything every year.
Try to not get attached too much to winning silverware.

I very much doubt I did mate. Your post sounds like a rant after a season we finished second and won two trophy’s, scoring most goals.
Maybe fans like you are not happy with that and go on about losing dominance.
We have been the dominant team over the past 9-10 years. Without winning everything every year.
Try to not get attached too much to winning silverware.

Right, I’m gona walk you through this as you are having difficulty understanding what this thread is.

This is a thread about opinions on if our cycle of dominance maybe coming to an end.. I told you to remember that and you didn’t.

So when discussing it, it’s my opinion that we missed the boat in becoming completely dominate and playing to a very high standard where we are feared and regarded as the best in Europe.

I expressed my view that we could have been that good, but off field decisions have stopped that progress and now we are just a good team (which is still great by me).

You now keep replying like some daft happy clapper, making out I’m not happy because we aren’t the worlds best, when all I did was give examples of why we aren’t as good as we could maybe have been.

So, to slow things down so you understand, I’m not ‘going on’ about us being less dominant, I’m giving my opinion. 1 post!

Being shit or on top of the world is all the same to me and, if your username is anything to go by, I’ve been going just as long as you.
So get off your high horse making out you’re some die hard just because I dared give examples of why we aren’t the worlds best and how we might not be dominate much longer....

Anyway, maybe we will, who knows.

Last edited:
Kompany, Toure, Silva, Aguero were not World class when we signed them,
Toure couldn't get a game at Barca, Kompany was 8 million, Silva and Aguero were incredible potential. We will carry on doing the same. Our recruitment gets criticism it does not deserve.
And we do have some undeserving fans.
I maintain that Mendy, Stones, Cancello, Angelino and Rodri have being less than impressive.
Those 5 represent a lot of wages and a lot of transfer fees and they seem to be quite simply, not good enough.
You could argue about Mahrez.

My view differs to yours, I think City fans deserve all the success they get. 30 odd years of nothing is hard to take especially when your neighbours are very successful.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.