#8 | Ilkay Gündoğan - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The issue is that Pep plays both together and to date I can’t think of a big game where that has ended in a good performance or result.

This is not a defence of their starting together, just wanted to point out that they both started in the recent 4-0 against Liverpool and both games against Real.

This is not a defence of their starting together, just wanted to point out that they both started in the recent 4-0 against Liverpool and both games against Real.

If that’s your viewpoint then there is no doubt Gundog is a key member of the squad, no blind spot required, in my opinion.

A damning statistic. Gundogun started in 13 of 15 defeats I counted since around Oct. and Rodri and gundogun were paired together in 10 of those
How many did Ederson start? Coz I've been wondering about him.

A damning statistic. Gundogun started in 13 of 15 defeats I counted since around Oct. and Rodri and gundogun were paired together in 10 of those
Indeed. That can't be put down to just bad luck. When Gundogan starts for us in general we struggle as he sucks the life out of the team by slowing the game down.

Gundogan is a quality player. The problem is not Gundogan but that Fernandinho grew old and Rodri lacked the mobility to do what Fernandinho did.

Sterling started in every loss this season. Rodri, Ederson, Fernandinho, and Walker started in the same amount of losses as Gundogan. Laporte started in every loss post lockdown when fit and Aguero started in more losses than Gundogan pre lockdown when fit too.

Sterling started in every loss this season. Rodri, Ederson, Fernandinho, and Walker started in the same amount of losses as Gundogan. Laporte started in every loss post lockdown when fit and Aguero started in more losses than Gundogan pre lockdown when fit too.
Possibly true but as meathunter says no one can argue that sterling, Laporte, aguero, Walker or ederson slow the tempo down and suck the life out of city unlike gundogun. This must be obvious to anyone watching city

Possibly true but as meathunter says no one can argue that sterling, Laporte, aguero, Walker or ederson slow the tempo down and suck the life out of city unlike gundogun. This must be obvious to anyone watching city
So why post the stat about how many times we lose when Gundogan starts if it all turns out to be irrelevant? You don't have to keep going on about why you hate him you know and peddling useless stats for your narrative.

Why? Barry was fuckin class
He was don’t disagree at all but he’s not the flashy player that comes to mind first . Way better than gundogun and we’d have got to the CL semis last year at least if he had played. A lot more determined, energetic and brave compared to gundogun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.