Kalidou Koulibaly

Looking at Liverpool's defending against Leeds I'm not too concerned with our own deficiencies
We just need to focus on ourselves at the moment, get our own act together and we will be fine. We need to bring in another top class cb imo, somebody to partner Laporte and glue our defence together.

But in relation to the Scousers their defence definitely looks suspect based on today's performance.

Last edited:
Diego Carlos has bags of pace but I don't like what I saw of him one bit in the handful of games I watched.

That being said, as this window drags on, I'm leaning further towards "fuck it, I'll take him" but I think that's more desperation at not wanting to be left with Stones and Otamendi.
I’ve never seen him, nor know much about him but I’m guessing those 3 penalties were a bit of a freakish run rather than him just being rubbish, if we are looking at him at all.

Can you really be so sure? He said in an interview he was told to focus on a few positions. Laporte played LB a few games.

Yes, just like Fernandinho he has to be able to play in different positions, but his main job will be centreback. I believe the idea was for Aké to replace Stones (the homegrown quota), and Koulibaly to replace Otamendi, while keeping Garcia = 4 CBs.

I still believe Otamendi and Stones are both done under Pep.

I’ve never seen him, nor know much about him but I’m guessing those 3 penalties were a bit of a freakish run rather than him just being rubbish, if we are looking at him at all.

It's not even just about the penalties. The one he gave away against Wolves was nowhere near as bad as people made out. He was just constantly, constantly chasing the ball and seemed to have absolutely nothing between his ears.

Correct. If Pep and the club really think a player will improve the team, does it matter to the average fan if we pay £70m, £80m or £90m?

The Club don’t want to breach FFP. Why spend more thus making it difficult to achieve?

Before FFP city would of spent whatever it took to get the player. Different story now.

The Club don’t want to breach FFP. Why spend more thus making it difficult to achieve?

Before FFP city would of spent whatever it took to get the player. Different story now.
Surely my post (and anyone else's for that matter) implies that not breaching FFP is a given when buying any player. My figures quoted also don't lend to your idea that it would.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.