Overrated/underrated musicians and bands

Prince was shit.

Oof. He was arguably the most talented musician of the 80s — not only as a guitarist, but also his stage presence and the sheer variety of musical styles he could perform. He also wrote for other bands. First person I ever heard suggest he was overrated. And I’m not the biggest fan of the music he made, understand, but talent is talent.

But ex Lemon Trees mainman Guy Chambers certainly can write a song ... and he wrote most of those on his first two, decent to be fair albums.
He as also in his touring band at that time too. Chris Sharrock, ex Icicle Works and Oasis latter day drummer was there too ... carried him well.
Chris Sharrock was in the La's for a couple of years too, before Lee's brother took on the demanding role. Sharrock is in the video for There she goes . Great drummer.

Oof. He was arguably the most talented musician of the 80s — not only as a guitarist, but also his stage presence and the sheer variety of musical styles he could perform. He also wrote for other bands. First person I ever heard suggest he was overrated. And I’m not the biggest fan of the music he made, understand, but talent is talent.
I’d agree with that.
The guy was totally up his own arse but basically because he knew how good he was himself and produced exactly what he wanted.

Agree the music wasn’t particularly my taste but I couldn’t deny the talent.

Fountains of light is better than most post Drama although the stuff on Keys to Ascension and The Ladder is good.
Heaven and Earth is terrible. I wanted the band to call it a day after Chris Squire’s passing.
The Buggles were the death of Yes to me.
Although I did play 90125 a lot.

Prince was shit.
Are you serious . Multi instrumentalist. Dancer . Singer/Songwriter
Apart from the songs we are familiar with as his own he wrote
Manic Monday Bangles
I feel for you Chaka Khan
Nothing compares 2 U Sinead O Connor
All classics.
Just listen to this version of a Joni Mitchell song
Someone described him as a modern day Mozart

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.