Mason Greenwood - latest target for gutter press?

It appears it didn’t affect his game, so what’s the big deal?!

Maybe he should come out with a memoir (at 18), entitled, “How I survived laughing gas and still played for England as a teenager.”?

The current Outrage-Knock others down-Look at me-Anything to try to be someone- culture, is slowly bleeding the life and minds of the masses in England.

I read the English press, keep up with the politics, and talk to my family enough to know that England 2020 is a pale shadow of the England I remember as a kid. Sure, some of that is life through a kid’s eyes, but I talk to my three siblings enough to know enough about life there now to know I could never move back.

Mason Greenwood is not a scourge on the British public, the youth of tomorrow, or even the poster child for the pitfalls of wealth and privilege. No, he’s an 18 year old kid who is being lambasted for “his past”! His past! He has no fucking “past!” He was, and clearly still is, a kid trying to make it in an ugly world of businessmen, because they want to make money from things he did as a kid!

A significant swath of the British public needs to step back and take a good look in the mirror. THAT is England 2020...look and learn!

Glad to see so many on here not falling for the bollocks, even by a Rag. Maybe there is hope?

Now, if they could just stop the Reality TV culture that is warping young kids into thinking they have to be a tattooed, washboard stomached meathead that shags anything with a warm, wet orifice or troutmouthed, bleach blonde bimbo with fake tits, 4lbs of make-up, and 4 square inches of clothing to make a quick buck and have their own 15 minutes of “fame,” there might be some hope for 2025, or even 2030!

England appears to have lost the culture war and be devolving rapidly. Put down the tabloids, turn off the TV, get out of your living room, even stay out of your local! Get outside, out where it’s green, open, quieter, more peaceful...and reacquaint yourself with yourself, and your loved ones.

Mason Greenwood sucking a bit of nitrous as a kid is news? If you think it is, then put on yer boots and go for a walk, while giving yourself a good telling off, so you can enjoy the peace and quiet of wherever you go to escape the madness.

Good luck to us all!

Superb post. Too many people in society fascinated with celebrities, want to be celebrities and desperate to be famous, but not through achievement, but by providing further dross celebrity content they themselves once gorged on.

Mainly I think the younger generations who are fed with the dream of becoming "celebrity".
When we were young we would say we wanted to become footballers or astronauts, or cowboys, now they dream of becoming "celebrity".
Yes I did fancy being a cowboy at 5.
The issue with today is anyone can become "famous" for 10 minutes on the internet. The youtube "influencers" or Instagram "models" who have thousands and thousands of followers.
You used to have to be talented to become a celeb. Now you dont even have to leave your house to be one.

The issue with today is anyone can become "famous" for 10 minutes on the internet. The youtube "influencers" or Instagram "models" who have thousands and thousands of followers.
You used to have to be talented to become a celeb. Now you dont even have to leave your house to be one.

"Influencers" a term I only recently understood, find it mildly fascinating how that all works.

It appears it didn’t affect his game, so what’s the big deal?!

Maybe he should come out with a memoir (at 18), entitled, “How I survived laughing gas and still played for England as a teenager.”?

The current Outrage-Knock others down-Look at me-Anything to try to be someone- culture, is slowly bleeding the life and minds of the masses in England.

I read the English press, keep up with the politics, and talk to my family enough to know that England 2020 is a pale shadow of the England I remember as a kid. Sure, some of that is life through a kid’s eyes, but I talk to my three siblings enough to know enough about life there now to know I could never move back.

Mason Greenwood is not a scourge on the British public, the youth of tomorrow, or even the poster child for the pitfalls of wealth and privilege. No, he’s an 18 year old kid who is being lambasted for “his past”! His past! He has no fucking “past!” He was, and clearly still is, a kid trying to make it in an ugly world of businessmen, because they want to make money from things he did as a kid!

A significant swath of the British public needs to step back and take a good look in the mirror. THAT is England 2020...look and learn!

Glad to see so many on here not falling for the bollocks, even by a Rag. Maybe there is hope?

Now, if they could just stop the Reality TV culture that is warping young kids into thinking they have to be a tattooed, washboard stomached meathead that shags anything with a warm, wet orifice or troutmouthed, bleach blonde bimbo with fake tits, 4lbs of make-up, and 4 square inches of clothing to make a quick buck and have their own 15 minutes of “fame,” there might be some hope for 2025, or even 2030!

England appears to have lost the culture war and be devolving rapidly. Put down the tabloids, turn off the TV, get out of your living room, even stay out of your local! Get outside, out where it’s green, open, quieter, more peaceful...and reacquaint yourself with yourself, and your loved ones.

Mason Greenwood sucking a bit of nitrous as a kid is news? If you think it is, then put on yer boots and go for a walk, while giving yourself a good telling off, so you can enjoy the peace and quiet of wherever you go to escape the madness.

Good luck to us all!

Passionate post, but if you learn something from the British press, share it please .

I find it incredible that people would look to some chancer on the www, to tell them what to do or buy, but yes sinister too.
There's a British comedian on TikTok she literally rips these "influencers" to shreds on there with her cutting impersonations of their bullshit impressionable teens fall for.

It's a bit of a myth, to be honest. Ever since the concept of celebrity existed, there have always been people who are famous for being famous.

I really enjoyed this podcast interview of Greg Jenner (from Horrible Histories) who wrote a book on the history of celebrity. It's pretty rambly so I've just linked the bit where he starts to talk about celebrity.

Haven't got round to reading his book yet though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.