Dayot Upamecano

Doesn’t strike me as on another level from Jason denayer. Am not convinced koulibaly or upamecano are an upgrade on John stones either. Is the right player even out there right now?

Doesn’t strike me as on another level from Jason denayer. Am not convinced koulibaly or upamecano are an upgrade on John stones either. Is the right player even out there right now?

You're not convinced that a man who has been established as one of the world's leading CBs for at least four years now is an upgrade on John Stones, who on average plays just 50% of league games a season and has never looked top quality for longer than a few months at a time?

this guy has champions league experience. so dont think for a second hes a young player trying to mould himself as a top player. he is a top player, and will continue to grow. He has a big future. Has great passing ability. Positioning spot on. What more is that he has 8/10 years left in him. 50 million is a bargain!

Maybe not Denyer and I don't think Upamecano's as good as people say, but Koulibaly is definitely an upgrade on all our defenders bar Laporte.

Maybe not Denyer and I don't think Upamecano's as good as people say, but Koulibaly is definitely an upgrade on all our defenders bar Laporte.

Im afraid to say KK is significantly better than the Laporte we have seen post injury.

Im afraid to say KK is significantly better than the Laporte we have seen post injury.
Coming back off an ACL injury is not so easy. Would not count out Laporte already, and would definitely least judge him off post COVID restart form.

I'd be surprised if he left after signing his new contract.

His previous contract than out next summer. It had a €60M release clause in it for this summer, that no-one looked like activating.

He then went on to sign a new contract, which allegedly has a €50M release clause that can be activated next summer.

Now, the rumour in Germany is that this guy is earmarked for Bayern next summer, which makes sense if you think that Bayern are well known for being in players ears early, but after signing Sane they new they weren't able to splash out €60M for Upamecano this summer.

However, Leipzig didn't want to lose him for free, he wanted Leipzig to get a fair price, so a solution with an affordable release clause made sense for all parties. Would coincide with Jerome Boateng being out of contract.

It defo seems a Bayern thing to do, let's see if it actually comes to pass.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.