Kalidou Koulibaly

I just don't get the flapping on here. The transfer window has another 3 weeks to go and transfers, particularly big transfers, usually, not always, but usually, take time and often involve alot of brinkmanship. It will get done eventually but theres a few more shenanigans to go before it happens.

No flapping but a few thoughts:

• The Napoli-president fucked us before and it’s anything but far-fetched to think he could do it again.

• If he does, and depending on when, we could stand there with our pants down and not have enough time to find another option. The better the option (Dias, Skriniar) the harder it could be to conduct any business as the club they’re playing for has to find a replacement as well.

• We have three big games and dangerous teams to face before the transfer deadline of 5th of October: Wolves, Leicester and Leeds. Without a prepared defence, we could very early end up on the backfoot in the table.

And the most obvious one: any signings coming in the last minutes of the window need a few weeks of preparation before understanding our way of playing. Mistakes will naturally occur for a new defender in our team which could cause even more problems for us going forward.

So while we still have a few weeks, our situation is anything but optimal. Luckily we have Aké who could provide us with some stability at the back before someone like Koulibaly comes in.

You need to read posts a little more as at least one has said he is flapping, but I agree, they shouldn't be
81dkrwZDbQL.png

There should be a documentary on this transfer saga. Genuinely so intrigued as to our policy on this one.

There should be a documentary on this transfer saga. Genuinely so intrigued as to our policy on this one.
If I had to guess .. we are waiting for them to blink when they start to run out of money and/or time to get replacements sorted. I hope we can trust the agent isn’t just telling us what we want to hear. But at the end of the day they guys in charge know what they are doing so C’mon Txiki I have every faith ... all in hand I reckon. I tend to lean toward happy clapperism ( crosses fingers and gulps lol)

If I had to guess .. we are waiting for them to blink when they start to run out of money and/or time to get replacements sorted. I hope we can trust the agent isn’t just telling us what we want to hear. But at the end of the day they guys in charge know what they are doing so C’mon Txiki I have every faith ... all in hand I reckon. I tend to lean toward happy clapperism ( crosses fingers and gulps lol)

Haha it's just an odd pursuit overall though. We obviously want him but we're not going for him with the same level of determination we typically do. I recall many journalists saying the top brass at City wanted to avoid another Maguire saga, so as we're approaching our first game, what exactly is our gameplan? Are the top totally calm about the situation? It would just be very interesting to find out what our thought process has been through this saga.

Yea I do think we are waiting on them to blink first. Why? because they screwed us on Jorginho and because the price for a 29 year old CB post covid is unrealistic. €60 euro is a fair price. If they had a line waiting to take Kk for €70 -€90 he wld be at the scum or PSG. We appear to be the only show in town.

Hopefully we get some movement this week.

Haha it's just an odd pursuit overall though. We obviously want him but we're not going for him with the same level of determination we typically do. I recall many journalists saying the top brass at City wanted to avoid another Maguire saga, so as we're approaching our first game, what exactly is our gameplan? Are the top totally calm about the situation? It would just be very interesting to find out what our thought process has been through this saga.

I would enjoy a movie version.. sweat pouring of brows in the boardroom..with Txiki losing his phone charger and waiting for Fali Ramadani to call him back etc! Lol.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.