Tour de France 2020

Im a huge fan of Sky/Ineos and what they have done and would have loved to see them do the business again this year at the tour but i have to say, watching JV and these ultra aggressive young riders like Pogacar is amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wout Van Aert dropping climbers in a multi high mountain stage. I think I heard he was 19th on GC. At the same time he has his nose in the wind so often and competes for sprint stages. Alien.

Then we had Kuss dancing on his pedals and barely breathing when crossing the line at the same time as top GC riders were struggling and Pogacar was close to collapsing after finishing. I think this is Kuss' second year in the pro peloton in Europe.

I genuinely hope Pogacar wins the Tour.

Will Bernal even continue after that? Be surprised if he’s on the start line on Tuesday morning.
Van Aert clearly best rider in the world now, Sagan waning. I really hope he rides Flanders and Roubaix this year.

They may as well as just pull Bernal out and send him to the Vuelta as I doubt Froome will be competitive in terms of GC. However, I understand he would want to respect the race, as he is the team leader. Certainly think it wise for Ineos to pull either Sivakov or Carapaz out of the race for the Vuelta or maybe for extra support for Thomas as Eddie Dunbar dislocated his should in T-A. They may also want to consider pulling out Amador as he has struggled since the crash.

They may as well as just pull Bernal out and send him to the Vuelta as I doubt Froome will be competitive in terms of GC. However, I understand he would want to respect the race, as he is the team leader. Certainly think it wise for Ineos to pull either Sivakov or Carapaz out of the race for the Vuelta or maybe for extra support for Thomas as Eddie Dunbar dislocated his should in T-A. They may also want to consider pulling out Amador as he has struggled since the crash.

Good thinking

He was immense today.
Basically it was him v JV for the last 15km and he won; what a rider. Such a shame he lost time in the crosswinds otherwise we'd be looking at a Fignon/Lemond situation on the final Saturday. He could make some time back through winning stages and the inherent accumulation of time bonuses but I just think he'll fall short. Amazing to see Bernal have "un jour sans" today, didn't see that coming. And Yates rode superbly today, again, with very little support. Could make the podium. That train JV had going up the last climb, unreal.

Basically it was him v JV for the last 15km and he won; what a rider. Such a shame he lost time in the crosswinds otherwise we'd be looking at a Fignon/Lemond situation on the final Saturday. He could make some time back through winning stages and the inherent accumulation of time bonuses but I just think he'll fall short. Amazing to see Bernal have "un jour sans" today, didn't see that coming. And Yates rode superbly today, again, with very little support. Could make the podium. That train JV had going up the last climb, unreal.
I definitely think Yates is in with a shout of a podium place.

Not sure what went on with Bernal today. Injury or illness, possibly a bad night's sleep? All a bit strange.

Some very odd performances going on both good and bad. Hmmmmm I wonder if any substances are responsible...

Some very odd performances going on both good and bad. Hmmmmm I wonder if any substances are responsible...

Quite possibly, though it’s been a long, long time (if ever) since the Tour was ridden on bread and water alone. I mean it’s a superhuman undertaking to do that for 3 weeks, day after day. I find you have to ‘suspend your disbelief’ to enjoy pro cycling tbh.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.