Jadon Sancho

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lad thinks he can jump clubs as he wishes. Worked out when he forced a move to Dortmund but probably now realising not every club will let him off easy unless a big price is paid and he has to keep performing.

So, he's not so outstanding that clubs feel they must have him then ?

Not to the point of breaking FFP (oh the irony) or leaving glaring holes in other areas of their squads. You can count on one hand the clubs with the money to make it happen. If he stays at Dortmund another year then the situation next summer will probably be similar to the one you're missing this summer.

So do people actually still want Sancho?

Personally, I think it would be a total waste of money when we've already added Torres to the wings with our other options being Sterling, Mahrez, Bernardo and Foden.
If he replaced Mahrez yes.

I'd hope that that our future front players would be...
Sancho, Foden, Torres and Jesus.
Plenty of energy, pace and skill.

(Obviously Sterling and Bernardo would feature too but not as the young guns)

If he replaced Mahrez yes.

I'd hope that that our future front players would be...
Sancho, Foden, Torres and Jesus.
Plenty of energy, pace and skill.

(Obviously Sterling and Bernardo would feature too but not as the young guns)

I mean, if Bernardo and Foden become predominantly centre mids and Torres looks like Antoine Sibierski this season and then Mahrez leaves at the end then I'd be all for it but I can't see that happening.

Even if Mahrez leaves in a year, I reckon Ferran looks absolute class and Phil and Bernardo will continue to play wide when we need them to. If that happens then I just don't see the need of dropping €100m+ on another winger.

Regardless, I just don't see Sancho or anyone similar being anything close to a priority right now.

And the Transfer window is still Open.

Deals can happen until the last minute.

They can.

But this once in a lifetime player is available for the price of Harry Maguire plus a squad player & yet we haven't got any club jumping in to sign him up before everyone else moves in.

Utd dragging their feet.

Strange one.

So do people actually still want Sancho?

Personally, I think it would be a total waste of money when we've already added Torres to the wings with our other options being Sterling, Mahrez, Bernardo and Foden.

I do, absolutely! Outstanding young home grown player with phenomenal pace, great finishing ability and technique - imagine how good he'd be with Pep as his coach. I think he'd be ideal with his skill trying to unlock the parked bus defences we come up against, and his pace against better teams. Pace kills, and we need more of it.

Not only that he'd be great commercially for the club and perhaps get some of our negative press onside, being young and English.

I can't think of any potentially available player that I'd prefer we signed, not even Haaland. Though I wish we'd sign both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.