Have we become expectant as a fanbase?

Many of us missed Maine Road , missed the 70's, just don't like or understanding what we call modern football....as for our fan base, There are some glory hunters in those days but that's not a crime or something not natural, because of our successful decade.... But a few things remain the same, like the depression or happy face in Saturday night, Just because of City....

Our fan base has been going since the 60’s 70’s we expect nothing and celebrate everything ..

Some of our younger fans have known nothing but success and it’s hard for them them to get to grips with not winning everything ...

We are one of the biggest clubs in the world now, unfortunately, self entitlement comes with the territory...

That is it in a nutshell

My lad for example is 21, he has had 10 years of success so expects it.

Nothing wrong with that.

In 1976 when I went to my first game I did also, unfortunately it never materialised and went down hill in the 80s

I would not change a thing but I am again back in the mindset of expecting to win

Great is it not

I think West Ham will struggle this season. Their fans naturally won’t have the expectation that we do.

Winning the Premier League again is important to me.

I’ve had a month off from posting on here but have read the odd thread, including the Messi thread. That thread compared to the general consensus in real life couldn’t be further apart if you tried. I don’t know a single City fan in real life who thought signing Messi was what City actually needed, but on here it was like absolutely everything for us as a club depended on it.

When it didn’t come off, not one City fan I know in real life was arsed. On here, it was like the world was ending!

In terms of your thread title which seems to be of a different topic than your OP... I become more and more expectant and critical of City the more I am charged to watch us. Year-on-year I feel less connected to the club, less connected to the players, and less valued as a supporter. And I seem to like footballers less and less n’all! So I just feel differently towards City and football in general all the time.

When I’m paying more, I expect more, and I’m more disappointed with every bit of average play or average performance we put in. It’s as simple as that!

And we are generally charged an increase WELL above the rate of inflation (some seasons we’ve had 13% price hikes!) which is unjustifiable!
I share all the points you make. Wrestled with the idea of stopping going to all matches. The club and its policies forced me to stop going to all away matches, this pissed me off because upto two years ago I’d more than likely see and chat with lads (old gits) I first knew from the Kippax in the early seventies. Just before the lockdown I’d started enjoying the pissup with mates I’ve been going to games with since 70 S and have match day experiences we reminisce about going back to early 60s, more than the game itself. I’d thought of giving it up going to the game but there is something I can’t explain just stops me from making a decision.
ive got to the point where I can’t really give a shit who we sign and recent signings good or bad don’t compel me to want to go any more. What would get me back on track would be Doyle and Foden playing every week and I know why because sadly they remind me of players I would have watched break into the team and idolise back in the 60 S and 70s. They both have qualities last seen in the likes of Doyle Young Pardoe Oakes, then later Barnes and Owen and then Lake.
sorry for all the waffle but the best thing about BM is evidence suggests there is a significant group within who are fromthe same school no one in Ribchester Hall has a soul when it comes to listening to my rants, wife thinks I’ve got a serious problem the lad (25) goes to all games and just dismisses me as an old twat now who is sick of hearing about our istory.

Fukin hell this is my 666th post

I share all the points you make. Wrestled with the idea of stopping going to all matches. The club and its policies forced me to stop going to all away matches, this pissed me off because upto two years ago I’d more than likely see and chat with lads (old gits) I first knew from the Kippax in the early seventies. Just before the lockdown I’d started enjoying the pissup with mates I’ve been going to games with since 70 S and have match day experiences we reminisce about going back to early 60s, more than the game itself. I’d thought of giving it up going to the game but there is something I can’t explain just stops me from making a decision.
ive got to the point where I can’t really give a shit who we sign and recent signings good or bad don’t compel me to want to go any more. What would get me back on track would be Doyle and Foden playing every week and I know why because sadly they remind me of players I would have watched break into the team and idolise back in the 60 S and 70s. They both have qualities last seen in the likes of Doyle Young Pardoe Oakes, then later Barnes and Owen and then Lake.
sorry for all the waffle but the best thing about BM is evidence suggests there is a significant group within who are fromthe same school no one in Ribchester Hall has a soul when it comes to listening to my rants, wife thinks I’ve got a serious problem the lad (25) goes to all games and just dismisses me as an old twat now who is sick of hearing about our istory.

Fukin hell this is my 666th post
Brilliant haha!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.