Headed to Scotland

We stayed in Ulapool, Bettyhill and Dornoch as well. Dornoch is lovely, so lovely little pubs with cracking food so worth exploring there. Make sure you give yoursef enough time on the west coast as for me, thats the part that you can really explore and just get lost for hours. Achmelvich beach and Sandwood bay are two places you want to check out, but the west coast is just full of hidden gems. If you like Whiskey there are some great distillerys on the east coast near Dornoch, we did the Glenmorangie tour which was pretty cool.
Good to hear re pubs. We are real foodies and love a drink too but I have to say I’m not a whiskey lover. However, I never liked Guinness till I did the tour so who knows. I do like tours like that having done loads in France (wine and Champagne) so we will definitely do that.

Many thanks. I’d never heard of the NC500 before you mentioned it and I’m really looking forward to it now I’ve done all the planning.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did the Highlands, Shetland and Orkney last year. Could live in Orkney in a heartbeat. There's a record shop in Kirkwall!

@manchester blue North Berwick is rather nice. 30 min train ride out of Waverley. They do boat trips around Bass Rock from there. Plus the church on the harbour is where the witch trials all happened. Nasty business. They had their tits ripped off. Nice.

See also Dunbar. Very nice place.

Also, if you have the time, get the train over the Cairngorns to Inverness. Takes around 3 hours but it's a stunning trip.

Ignore the Kingdom of Fife. It's full of weirdos ;)
Haha. Cheers. I will look into this. We have a few days in Edinburgh so they’re not so far. I also quite like the look of Stirling old town after @hilts mentioned it earlier.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.