Stupid little things that bug you

Probably at Oxford reading English.
What really pisses me off is those who cannot follow the basic rules of English but strictly follow the weird and wonderful conventions of text speak.

Then there are little words like 'apt' and 'Ilk' and 'meme'. Whoever used those words in normal conversation before some smart arse started using them on social media? Not to mention 'trope' which means some dickhead thinks he is cleverer than you because he has picked up that word from social media. U no what I mean bro?
Trope and woke are two words that seem to crop up in any political discussion this year

Trope and woke are two words that seem to crop up in any political discussion this year
Especially on here at times. It feels strange to have to look up such short words in a decent dictionary but l find it amusing at times to see their use, more so if l look up examples in the UrbanDictionary. l first discovered this when an American informed me why united are called the rags. Totally wrong of course but always provides a laugh.

Right. I am totally pissed off trying to shop on line, but keep encountering websites that don't work properly. E,g, search does not work, index does not work, takes for ever to load.
Worst of all sites where the techies rule and the sales/marketing ppl have little input. The site ends up like a shop where all the stock is scattered randomly about.
Not rocket science.
Heres a test: look up a country pub, admire the lovely photos, enjoy the history of a 16th century building. Now, what are the opening hours? When is food served? Nope, most don't say.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.