All or Nothing documentary

Was at Sunderland as a kid, before moving to Leeds when Adamson went. LOVED IT! We (young out of town era) all stayed in a club run boarding house/hotel on the waterfront, a short walk from the ground.
Was a brilliant set-up, they took great care of us, but the training ground was out in the middle of nowhere, felt like a 20 minute drive, and seemed like it was always windy as fuck!!

Will always have a soft spot for that club. Hell, I even wore a Sunderland shirt to my first day at Leeds! HAHA! That raised a few eyebrows, but it also got them to give me a Leeds shirt (Red one, believe it or not! Don’t remember them ever wearing red shirts?!). Good memories, but always had a special place for that Sunderland shirt, as it was the first non-local team that I played with and the people were second to none.

I will definitely have a look see if it’s on the U.S. Amazon Prime site. Cheers!
Netflix, not Prime. Both series of Sunderland Till I Die are brilliant. Much better than Amazon's All Or Nothing

The discussion was about clubs looking after staff. Or not. What Arsenal have done is the latter. That is the point. I genuinely don’t know what point you are trying to make. I’d be grateful if you could clarify. In the meanwhile, this article explains Arsenal’s reasoning. And it seems that cost saving was at the core of the decision.

Nice diversion,you tried to rip off the British taxpaper,you are a rich club shamed into a u turn,own it

Nice diversion,you tried to rip off the British taxpaper,you are a rich club shamed into a u turn,own it

Don’t be absurd.

The furlough scheme was used by tens of thousands of companies of all sizes in all sectors - many of which are far bigger than Spurs with vastly bigger turnover and profits. You only have a problem with Spurs having applied for it because you hate Spurs.

Last edited:
Don’t be absurd.

The furlough scheme was used by tens of thousands of companies of all sizes in all sectors - many of which are far bigger than Spurs with vastly bigger turnover and profits. You only have a problem with Spurs having applied for it because you hate Spurs.
I hate dippers as well..if we had done it we would have been furious

Reactions: mat
Don’t be absurd.

You only don’t have a problem with it because it’s your team. No premier league Football club should have used it, covid had minimal impact on football finances compared to other businesses as gate receipts are such a small percentage of turnover, their non-playing staff wages is also a minute percentage of overall expenditure.

Reactions: mat
You only don’t have a problem with it because it’s your team. No premier league Football club should have used it, covid had minimal impact on football finances compared to other businesses as gate receipts are such a small percentage of turnover, their non-playing staff wages is also a minute percentage of overall expenditure.

Spurs estimate that COVID will have cost them £200m.

Out of a possible expected turnover of £450m.

That's a 45% reduction. That is huge. Minimal impact, my arse!

Because of the new stadium, Spurs' business plan is predicated on stadium generated income to a far greater extent than at other top clubs. They charge the most expensive ticket and corporate prices in the country, if not the world; the stadium generates massively more match day food and drink income than any other stadium in the country; and it is designed to be used as often as possible - not just once every two weeks for nine months; Spurs had a long list of big, non football events lined up, sporting and musical. All of that income has been lost.

Where were your complaints about the myriad huge companies that availed themselves of the furlough scheme?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.