A second chance

School was ok. I was never part of the cool gang which doesn't particularly bother me. I endured bits of bullying for being "weird" but a couple of the harder types liked me because I could make them laugh. They'd look after me if it went too far.

One amazed me because he went from being the hardest / coolest lad to being a complete outcast. I never found out what happened either. He ended up being hated by everyone.

Would go back to being 17 and take my eldest brother to get checked up to try and prevent the blood clot / brain haemorrhage he had that he died from July 1980.
40 years ago and in my thoughts every day. My 2nd chance would be for my brothers 2nd chance

I think this wins the best answer on this thread... Sorry about your brother, can't imagine how shit that must be.

When I was 18, I watched City win the league at Newcastle, followed closely by the FA Cup, League Cup and Cup Winners Cup. I thought "all that in such short period - will I ever see the like again?"
Then I got married, adopted 2 beautiful young baby girls, and watched them grow up. They are now 38 and 34, and coincidentally, today is the 38th anniversary of my eldest's Adoption Day. Easy for me to remember - Battle of Britain Day.
10 years ago, my wife and I decided that, when we arrived home from our holiday in the Dordogne, we would sell up and move there. Sadly, the day before we were due to come home, she collapsed and died in my arms.

Would I swap what I've watched and shared in the last 10 years for a second chance of ending my days with my wife in France? No contest.
Au revoir et merci pour tous les poissons.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.