LP sales overtake CDs

Actually, I'm looking for some kind of 'machine' that I can load all my dust-gathering CDs onto. Any ideas you fuckin freaky techy geeks out there? What about one of those Brennans. No Chinese stuff!

I have downloaded all my Cds onto a NAS drive that is connected to my router. From there I can access it via iTunes, Sonos, my Yamaha AV receiver, etc. This gives quick access and the output is acceptable. I still have my CD player, I also stream, but for the best output vinyl cannot be beaten.

We had been listing to cds etc. for a long time and I thought about getting my old turntalbe out. Connected it up, put on REM Automatice for the People, (the last vinyl I had bought before I started again) and I could not belive the quality, it was something else.

I'd anticipated going to the garage and hearing that I'd need four new sensors, four new tyres, a whole fuckin' console on the dash. Quite relieved when it turned out to be a couple of button pushes. Bit of a stunner when they come on batting down the motorway. Thought for a nano-second I'd be doing a triple salchow down the embankment.

And then when you get a flat and put the spare on it has no sensor. Now you're driving with a warning light on until you get the other one fixed and installed.

That's a good point actually, do bands still use Marshall valve amps?
Serious Guitarists only use Valve amps mainly because of overdrive, valves sound awesome when you drive them, they also sound great on lower volumes, jazz Guitarists like them as they sound warm and buttery.

Great line. One of my favourite bands released a new album recently, and i've waited to listen until I could literally sit down in front of my record player. Could have played it over my laptop, or on my phone while walking, but I really, really wanted to wait. Glad I did. So much better absorbing it than putting it on in the background.

I recently ordered the new Fontaines D.C album. Before I had a chance to play it I had heard most of it some way or another.
I didn't even bother putting it on the turntable until this week because I thought I had heard it (and didn't like it.
I put it on earlier this week and it was like night and day.

I put all my CDs on iTunes and pretty much disposed of them. I used to be a DJ but I think only serious music fans buy vinyl these days. I just like to hear that song I like as I walk down the road.

Spotify will do for me.
Just think of the money saved and if the music is shite you haven't got a dud taking up space.
This every time for me.
$10 a month gives me any music I want through my Sonos.
No storage, no big equipment, crystal clear sound. No dusty snap crackle and pop.
Im no fan of LPs tbh.
I know some love vinyl I respect that, but I can't be arsed with it.

I only ever buy LPs now. They're wonderfully tactile and look a thousand times better than a CD. It's really nice putting a record on and just leaving it...no urge to skip songs. I can't remember the last time I bought a CD, and tbh my hand was forced on that anyway. Lots of new cars don't have CD players, my laptop doesn't have a CD drive. They're redundant really.
Also most LPs come with a digital download as well....over here anyway

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.