Forbes money list in 2020

The ball is in-play in gridiron for just 11% of the game, compared to 65% in football. And the defenders all go off when the attackers come on so they’re not even all active for the 11% of the game the ball’s in play.

It’s a fucking joke of a sport that NFL shite!
Jesus is that right?

How can so many Americans pay interest in a sport with so little actual sport on show?

Jesus is that right?

How can so many Americans pay interest in a sport with so little actual sport on show?
I guess it's simular to asking why do people like to watch chess when so little action actually happens.

Maybe the same with cricket? Or fishing?

I suspect there is something to do with the sense of of anticipation in each case, and/or the pondering about the continual adjustments to gain advantage throughout the tussle that makes them a rather satisfying experience for those among us who crave the more cerebral thrill.

;-))))

Really interesting post OP - thanks.

I too was surprised by Salah's position but the poster a couple of messages previously cleared that up.

Is there an expanded list? - it would be interesting to see at which position one of our players first shows up.

Forbes have clearly forgot about all the payments under the table from HH ;)

The ball is in-play in gridiron for just 11% of the game, compared to 65% in football. And the defenders all go off when the attackers come on so they’re not even all active for the 11% of the game the ball’s in play.

It’s a fucking joke of a sport that NFL shite!
I love NFL. Won't have a bad word said about it but this is not the thread for that!

Salah doesn't get much salary but has huge sponsor contracts from egypt and some arab countries

Not just him. Lewandowski has a lot of advertising contracts in Germany and Poland. But I think it is - too different extent - the same with all of the players in the list.

Still nowhere as obscene as salaries in the NFL. They play 16 games, lasting an hour of game play (admittedly over a 3 or 4 hour period), and each player doesn't even play the whole game as they change the line up for attack and defence. So a player in an average team where attack and defence time is equal might only play 8 hours a season for millions and millions. It makes footballer's salries look good value.
NFL salaries are not guaranteed. Out of the major sports here, NFL is the least paid

Not just him. Lewandowski has a lot of advertising contracts in Germany and Poland. But I think it is - too different extent - the same with all of the players in the list.

It will be as you say.

Salah is probably different as he is far and away the most high profile player from the region, and likely gets a high percentage of sponsorships.

B-b-but, I thought all Liverpool and United players were childhood fans of their clubs and play for them for nothing more than the honour and privilege of playing for such wonderful institutions?

B-b-but, I thought all Liverpool and United players were childhood fans of their clubs and play for them for nothing more than the honour and privilege of playing for such wonderful institutions?

oh the badge means more than money ? next thing they are moaning like fuck and wants to leave just after signed a 5 year deal at £400.000 a week because the agent needs a new house

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.